Just got home from hospital

Posted , 12 users are following.

Just got home from hospital after having a full hip op on Tuesday. Feels strange to be walking around the house with crutches and watching my husband do everything. So far so good hope it stays this way.

7 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Welcome home...take it easy and pay attention to your body...if there is pain take a pill...and elevate the leg above the heart to prevent swelling...Take care!
  • Posted

Fantastic news. Don't let him know how much you are improving day by day. Wouldn't want to take the wind from his sails cheesygrin

Each day will bring little victories and before you know it you will be a week in. Well done you, you hippie.

Michael

• Posted

well done, now the fun begins, where you want to do so much but are limited, try not to over do things, dont try and be brave by putting up with the pain, take the pain killers, as my daughter said whose a nurse, mum take the painkillers even if you dont feel the pain so much it keeps it on a even kill, and as for walking little and often and let hubby do as much as he can rest whilst you can xx

• Posted

Thanks for that just dosed up with pain killers my husband won't let me do too much. The hospital have advised not to be afraid of taking the painkillers.x
  • Posted

Well done you.  I am 10 days post op and my hubby is still helping but I am starting to do lots myself too. Take lots of rest but do all of your excercises and walk as much as possible.  Good luck!
  • Posted

I know the feeling I have Ben home 2 weeks and still want to do more than I should. My advice is make the most of it, I get bored just sitting watching my husband read his paper, do his crosswords and watch television. He cooks the meals but doesn't do any cleaning. I have help once a week and sometimes go round with small G tech cleaner but I pas my time away either reading or on this form. Good luck with your recovery.

Brenda

• Posted

Well done Jill..the only way is up now....  you may ( but may not!)  get times when yu feel down..I was told it was the hippie blues and once I knew that was fine....

Keep resting and posting!  I am 5 months on now,

Ali 

• Posted

Good luck jill, welcome to being a hippy, any problems just ask there is always someone who can help. Good luck, rest up use lots of pillows.

suexx

• Posted

Thanks to eveyone, just got tucked up in bed with everything I need, even ordered a milky coffee for 9.30, keep getting stiff sitting I the chair. Had my dressing changed at the hospital and a thinner dressing on just had a panic attack because I have seen a few tiny specks of blood on it, my hubby has looked and said its only a couple of specks, but will keep my eye on it.has anyone else had that problem?

• Posted

No i didnt see any, so just keep an eye on it, when you sit in your chIr try sitting on a cushion or pillow, its so much softer, sorry forgot to say that,

suexx

• Posted

Morning - yes, I had a few specs of blood come through on the dressing I was sent home with. But they did not grow and were "stable".

I suggest it is a due to the hip being such a flexible part of the body. Depending on how they sealed you up would allow some movement. I was given dissolvable stiches. And I am not a surgeon :-)

Michael x

• Posted

Thanks sue the hospital wouldnt let us sit on pillows but will try it tomorrow I think it was incase we slipped of the chair with them being plastic x
    • Posted

I sit on a pillow and cushions behind me. Very comfy. If you are comfortable (and obviously safe) time will pass quicker. It's all about the power of the mind. x
  • Posted

Well done Jill glad you are home and doing well.

I have been home 5 days now and feeling pretty good. I think we are both going to recover well.

Karen xxx

• Posted

Yea they did that at my hospital to, honest it's easier and more comfy to sit on a soft cushion really helps.

suexx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.