Just had my hip replacement

Posted , 11 users are following.

It's been 6 days now sins my total hip replacement and getting better every day. I am 41 and hade problems si s accident when I was 13 but hopefully on mend now. Just had my clips out all 67 wich were not to bad coming out and no pain with it.

I am just writing a few day to day progress on my hip at moment feel free to join in.

3 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Stephen,

So the worst is over now! Do hope you make good progress!

Anna x

• Posted

Yes over for now just one prob sorted I hope still in hospital at moment just waiting for my inr to come up to range now
  • Posted

Hi Stephen - welcome to this wonderful forum - wow, 67 clips already taken out on day 6 ... most of us have them removed 14 days post-op ....

how are you doing otherwise?  please share your story with us ...

big hug

renee

• Posted

Yes my consultant likes to get them out early so still in at moment. But I do not feel to bad at moment getting on with my crutches at moment 
  • Posted

Hi Steven 41 hey I thought I was young at 54, hope it all gose well, I have been signed back to work now after 6 weeks, and driving again, glad I have an antomatic car though makes it easier.

Looking forwar to hearinf more soon.

Ian.

• Posted

Yes I know it is a bit young but had a nasty accident when I was 13 years old and still have other problems with my pelvis and leg but it is a start of things now as it has gone bad now 
  • Posted

sounds like you are doing well - just keep taking it steadily!

• Posted

Yes doing good thanks had problems with it sins I was 13 so nice it is one thing sorted,,,,
  • Posted

Hi stephen

Glad you are progressing well. Let us know how you are getting on over the days and weeks

I am 3 weeks post op and doing something new every day

best wishes Linda xx

• Posted

Yes will let u know how I get on. Still in at moment but that's to do with my blood not hip.

so yes da 6 now I think post total hip op and I feel good .

• Posted

Best wishes for a speedy recovert Stephen x

I'm hoping for one at some point so let us know how you're doing.

• Posted

Thanks celsB 

well hope u get it soon it is getting better every day. A bit saw but that's nothing like the pain I was in already of the painkiller after 10 years of pain with it.

i will keep in touch good luck

• Posted

Hi Stephen, im 40yrs old and I'm 8 days post op.

I had glue which I was pleased about. Stayed in hospital 2days and now hobbling well on crutches.

keep resting where you can

linzi

• Posted

Hi Linzh hope you are getting better fast, bet you are please to get it done... and now Hip Pain free...Hurrrarrr!!! I know the relief...my right leg, the operated one has now become my strong side and I am left sided, the muscles have come back to what they were 10yrs ago all in 7weeks after the operation, I am astonished...at the difference...

In just a few weeks Steven you will be feeling so so much better.

Kind regards Ian.

• Posted

Sounds so promising been in pain since 1987 with perthes in my right hip 38 now and going for a total hip replacement in my right hip
    • Posted

Hi linzh 1974 I thought I was young getting it done but u have beat me buy a year lol hope yours went well and u will b up in no time let me know how u get on and I will keep in touch with u I ok

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.