Just need a chance to express the last few days.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Bit of info first, I'm a 22 year old male, had anxiety and panic disorder for 10 years. Now the last few days. . It started last week. Through Monday to Thursday I was having trouble sleeping. No idea why probably because I prefer to say up all night instead of sleeping. So through the week I had around 4-5 hours of sleep in only 4 days. I was watching TV Friday morning around 2am after waking up around 12am, only had an hours sleep. I checked my heart rate and it was 44bpm. I instantly panicked (my usual bpm is around 60-80) throughout that day my heart rate was going up to 110 down to 60. I went to the doctors and they did an ECG it was around 120 because I don't even like leaving my house. My anxiety was high! Wasn't much they could say, my heart looks fine just fast heart rate. Sent me away and they made an appointment for today 30th Nov. Fast forward to that day. My doctor says he thinks I'm fine fine I have no symptoms of heart problems. He's not happy that my heart is so highis yet I'm a young lad. So now im on edge. He's asked me for for a blood test so I have to get that done tomorrow. Also I Will have to go in for an ultrascan on my heart at some point. I really don't like the idea of going to hospital and I'm bricking myself at the thought. I'm going the blood test will say I'm suffering a chest infectionchest and I'm fine, my temp was high aparently but I only have a cough and and little shortness of breath every now and then. Nothing too bad. He said i could just have a fast heart rate. Anyone else have this? I just wish I could be normal again.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Temp was high? Do you have an infection? Any infection can raise your heart beat i thought as can anxiety. Do you take anything for anxiety? Some antibiotics can make you a bit restless as well. Ironic that a good nights rest would probably make you feel so much better.
    • Posted

I was barely listening to the doctor because he freaked me out about going to hospital, but he said my temperature was high I think he said 37 but i could be wrong. He said it could possibly be a chest infection but he listened around my chest and couldn't hear anything out if the ordinary. I don't take any medication for anxiety as of yet I used to take little diazepam but they made me feel like Eartha Kitt so I stopped taking them and just went full hermit. I have felt better since getting some sleep, had a blood test today so I hope it comes back as all sweet.
  • Posted

Hello.When I was young i usually ran a fast heart rate.I remember going to the doctor and it was 112.I have anxiety.Still do.I am now 58 and my heart rate can be anywhere from high firties to 100.usually runs in 70s or 80s.So its better then when i was young.resting heart rate usually in the 60s.I am however on a prescribed anxiety medication which i am sure has made my heart rate more normal.
    • Posted

Maybe I am like you, just one of those people with a high bpm. I don't take any medication for it yet but the doc did mention something about beta blockers so I guess that was to do with slowing the heart rate down.

I forgot to thank you and Lisa for the replies, I very much appreciated hearing what you had to say.

• Posted

I do hope that you find out what was causing it, and that you get the all clear with your blood test, lets us know how you get on x
    • Posted

Thanks Dee, my blood test was marked urgent so I'm hoping to hear back within a few days if I'm lucky, I might have to have an ultrascan and a holter monitor too yet because they want to rule any problems out, thank you for your comment x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.