Just started Orlistat.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am on day 2 of taking orlistat. I haven't had any of the "treatment effects". I've been prepared for that to happen. Even gone so far as to pack an extra set of clothes at work. But nothing so far. I've read a lot of reviews about the pill helping keep people regular as an added benefit. I am hoping I might experience that (on the helpful side not the uncontrollable side) because I have problems staying regular. I am feeling pretty good and motivated though! Any advice? smile

I have about 4.5 stone to lose!

3 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

• Posted

I kirsten43020 you probably haven't had any bad problems because firstly your new to them..second you are probably sticking to your plan and believe me. You will want to if you experience side effects ...of over indugence. ...its awful and not recommended your away from home....if in doubt I'm sure others will tell you there horror stories. ....try to stick with the plan best of luck..
  • Posted

Hi kristen,

Advice.....Taking the pill 5 mins 'before' i eat with a pint of water, turbo charges the effect. 

YES....give it until week 3 and they will keep you regular alright. It's week 5 for me with a 2 stone loss.  smile

• Posted

Hi Jason. ...I've always 5aken them during the meal I'm having or after.but I'm going to try your advise . thank you.

Best wishes tess

• Posted

Hi!

I'm on day 5 of taking Orlistat. I currently weigh 70kg. I have had a little experience yesterday of seeing orange oil in the toilet after eating Asian rice that was cooked in oil ( I literally had a handful ) it wasn't too bad because I ate so little. I just noticed speckles in the loo.

Just had 6 chips and a bite of pizza from hubby's dinners tonight after I've been eating so well today - hoping effects won't be too bad as I'm out all day tomorrow!

How much is everyone hoping to lose?

Good luck. Xxx

• Posted

70kg? That's about 154 pounds. That doesn't seem to be obese or even overweight? How tall are you?

I weigh 225 pounds and I am hoping to get to 160 or 150. So 75-65 pounds is how much I am wanting to lose.

• Posted

Well I was 72kg when they were prescribed. I'm only 5 foot 1and 21 years old. So my BMI is 30 which is classed as obease.

Although I feel fat, I never knew I was that big. I'm pretty sure I don't look obese to be honest. But I've had a lot of trouble managing my weight. I did have a baby 9 months ago though.

How tall and old are you xx

• Posted

I am 5 ft 6. And 21. Almost 22. I weighed 150 lbs until I was about 18 or 19.

I gained a lot of weight really fast after going through some pretty awful things. And I've struggled to get back down to my original weight.

• Posted

Ohh, I'm sure you'll loose the weight with the Orlistat as I've heard a lot of good!

Have you noticed any loss so far? Or any side effects ? X

• Posted

No neither! But I've only been taking it for two days. I am feeling constipated a bit. But that is not unusual for me so I don't think it has anything to do with this. I was hoping it would help with that actually.
    • Posted

Have you been eating low fat? I'm pretty fed up of eating the same meals each week!

However I'm trying hard to get the best from the tablets.

are you exercising? I am 7 sessions a week. Which should also help

Hope we both get to the weight we want!! X

• Posted

About the constipation, try adding fibre in your diet. Maybe bran flakes for breakfast with orange juice. X
    • Posted

I try to excersise. But I have a job where I am on my feet all day and sometime I workultiple shifts. So I am exhausted by the time I get home. I know that's just an excuse but none the less. Lol.

I have been eating low fat yes. Under 15 grams per meal. 9 seems to be my average. So hopefully I will see changes as I really get into it!

I have been trying to eat more fiber. I am thinking about getting some of the fiber mix that goes into drinks. I've started having a smoothie in the morning. So I could put it in there.

• Posted

Hi kristen 1st of all welcome on board im sure you will do well you sound motivated and positive these tablets are a great help they do not work on their own you have to work with them you must keep your fat content to 5 grms or less per 100grms every item of food you eat and no more then 15grms per meal and you will find the side effects are kept at bay because anything over that its very unpleasant and can leak oil without any control ivelost 28lbs up to now and im hoping to lose another 10/14 lbs i use my fitness pal app on my phone i log everything i eat it tells you how much carbs fat and protien you have had in a day and how many calories you just type in every item you eat i stick to 1200 calories a day its hard but worth it good luck with your loss keep us updated xx
    • Posted

How long did it take you to lose 28lbs?

I have been eating a lot of Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice frozen meals which are all very low fat. Most meals are less than 10 grams.

• Posted

Hi kristen ive been on them 12 weeks now and have just made my own meals etc lots of salad steamed veg and fruit but turkey steaks quorn mince wholemeal rice and pasta im aiming for another 10/14 lbs hopefully i think i would have lost more but i havnt excercised for over 2 weeks as i have back pain i did lose quicker when i combined excercise with my diet but im giving it until monday and hopefully i can start excercising againg x good luck with your loss xx
    • Posted

Hi hun i usually do my wii fit for hour and half the step classes and jogging and i walk everyweek either once or twice a week from 5 miles up to 9 miles it really helps you to lose the lbs xx
    • Posted

Okay! I have a recumbent bike. So I will probably just continue to use that when I can. My work schedule just changed so I should have more time to do it! I just hoping I can stay motivated. That has been my problem before.
    • Posted

Hi corinne11 so you have lost basically 2 stone in 12 weeks? That's great I've just looked at what you said you eat and exercise .. I know I have done that we'll and I'm rather disappointed ,but today I'm trying slip sip in conjunction with orlistat I'm 5'2'and weighed 14st 2 .on my scales but the Dr's said less ...to start .so I have no idea all I can go on is slightly looser clothes ..so today I will see. 8m terrified of staying fat for life . congratulations on your loss.
    • Posted

I should of said HAVEN'T done that we'll
    • Posted

Dear tess,

How long have you been on Orlistat? I have noticed that some people have really good results and some have none. I have lost a few lbs the last few days. But I don't know how much is just weight fluctuations so I am not getting my hopes up just yet.

• Posted

Oh i know ive been like that on and off the last month or so its hard to keep going some times i wake up and think im bloody sick of dieting and want something nice 😀 but then i think ill the hard work ive put in so far will be undone if i keep giving in so that sort of keeps me going x
    • Posted

Hi kirsten I've been taking almost 12 weeks .was ment to go for a weigh in today but as I didn't start taking them as soon as the Dr gave me them I've now made it for 12 august. .as I said today I'm going to try to boost my loss with /or lack of loss lol with slim sip..I've looked on you tube for advice about it and it looks very good ..I've so desperate to loose my fat body I'll try anything..Although I know orlistat has been great for most on it....I know I've had a couple of days with bad side effect so it MUST WORK I just don't understand why for me it's so so slow...
    • Posted

Hi tess thank you so much its not easy tho is it? Any loss is a good loss some weeks i only lost a lb but stick with it i get to a point where i stay the same then it just suddenly comes off again x i like the skinny meal soups i just pop a bag of steamed veg in microwave and add that to the soup its very filling if i fancy a sausage sandwich i have two quorn sausages on my lean grill and have beown sandwich thins thats very filling and very low fat lots of protien just keep a check on calorie intake if you fancy a biscuit with a cuppa try asdas caramel rice cakes they are quite big and only 41 calories low fat too hope this helps a bit stick with it you will lose if you work with the tablets x
    • Posted

Also I'm scared that if I haven't lost enough my dr will not give me more and I don't know what to do nxt...I just know there's a slim happy women inside this awful body I want to set her free before its too late x
    • Posted

I understand. Good luck. And I hope you find something that works for better for you.
    • Posted

Thankyou for your advise ..it really helps..everyone is so lovely and supportive which really does make me want to keep going.....thanks for the yummy food tips I will try some of them too.x
    • Posted

Here's to a new day....best wishes and thankyou x
    • Posted

Here's to a new day...thankyou for your help..best wishes x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.