Just Started Orlistat

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi i have just started orlistat today hopefully they are going to work and i loose some weight.

I have to go and get weighed in a month how long have you all being given.

Dolphin500.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

HI IRENE

i havent been given a date as of yet - i recieved the orlistat before christmas but didnt bother taking them through christmas and in reesult gained 10lbs oops.

so now im back doing slimming world and started the tablets in hopes to get another 3 stone off

• Posted

Hi Leah,

I started orlistat today you know your doing slimming world aswell thats not low charbohydrate diet is it cus i am diabetic n need to cut carbs too i was thinking of joining but dont know if they do lowcarb or not do you have any info for me.

Dolphin500.

• Posted

Hi Dolphin500,

I started 6 days ago & having weighed this morning I have lost 6lbs!

I have to go to my GP at the end of the month too & I'm hoping to have lost 1st maybe more by then.

Have you read much about taking it & the side effects? I ate a bit of Xmas food at the weekend that was leftover & the effects yesterday & today aren't great meaning it's def going to put me off doing it again lol which is why I wanted them being honest.

• Posted

Cath great so you have lost then really good i want to loose 39 kg what have you been eating doc said low carb to me cus i am diabetic cant wait to get into smaller clothes.

Hope all goes well for you too.

I need to buy some new weight scales.

Dolphin500.

• Posted

Hi, I've mainly been having porridge or shredded wheat both with skimmed milk & frozen berries for breakfast. Lunch has been a small bread roll with ham or beef slices (been eating them open/in 2 halves so it feels like I have more!) with cucumber, carrot & tomatoes, small pot of fat free Greek yoghurt & fruit. So far for dinner I-ve just made sure I've had half a plate of salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, radish, beetroot,carrot & sweetcorn) or veg & something like turkey Bolognese, fish or chicken. If you've ever done slimming world then you'll be familiar with speed fruit & veg & the premise of the plan which is what my GP agreed was a good plan to follow whilst taking orlistat

• Posted

hi, ive been on it for 2 months and lost 12lb xox
    • Posted

Hi Hayho,

That is great have you been doing low carb like im suposed to be doing can i have turkey n veg.

What you been eating to loose that much i got weighed today not lost anything yet.

Dolphin500.

• Posted

Well done. Slow and steady is the best way to do it.😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.