Just started taking Tamsulosin (Contiflo) and I already hate it, can I stop?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Quick back story, my (useless) doctor prescribed me this for having weak bladder/urination issues. He never once actually mentioned prostate problems, although I'm guessing that's what he thinks.

I took my 1st Tamsulosin pill yesterday (Saturday) and when I woke up today (Sunday) I had the most painful headache i've ever had in my life, not quite a migrain, but near enough. My jaw was also killing me for some reason. I naturally attributed this to the Tamsulosin after some research. I had to take a painkiller eventually and at about 9pm the pain finally subsided and I vowed I wasn't going to take another pill till I seen a Dr. Being as I felt better I then decided to do what men do on their own and it was rubbish, I had what seems to be reffered to as a "retrograde ejaculation". It wasn't panful it was just the worst orgasm i've ever had and obviously nothing really came out. Oh and I've noticed no difference in urinating.

Sorry for the ramling, but I suppose my main question is, if I stop taking Tamsulosin (which I am for now) will my ejaculate go back to normal?

Also, if i stayed on it, would the headache always happen?

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Greetings. Can't say much about the permanemcy of headaches as I have only noticed a very brief and dull ache from time to time. But I am very surprised and confused as to why uroligists don't explain ways to deal with the retrograde ejac probs. I figured out very quickly that you can avoid a dry shot, if you will, by timing your sexual encounters to within a few hrs of your next dose. There seems to be a few hours on either side of the dose when, (although it might not equal what you were accustomed to at first), eventually, if the encounter is a good one, it actually seems more intense! Lol. That being said, at least during the end of the dose period as the drug half life expires it seems the semen finds its way through the correct channels. So, whether you wank it, or your partner helps you crank it, choose your favorite time to enjoy sex and dose accordingly. Hope this makes sense.  
    • Posted

Hi, thanks for your response. My doctors seem to be quite useless, the 1st one I saw simply said there was nothing they could do and just left me to my own devices! and this current one took 7 months just to get me a follow up appointment after I had a cystoscopy.

I only took 1 pill Saturday at about 9pm and I haven't taken another one since and my wank was about 10pm Sunday. To be honest I usually do it at least once a day, whether it's with the mrs or on me own so i'd never be able to take the meds ever then surely?

Should it all be out my system by Monday/Tuesday then do you think?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.