Just wondering...

Posted , 11 users are following.

On top of the terrible feelings we deal with does anyone find their self over thinking? I have this problem and its driving me nuts!!

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

ALL THE TIME! Overthinking so much even when someone talks to me I hear blah blah blah!!! I can't concentrate, is like being on your own little phycho worldsmile

• Posted

Yes it drives me insane !! I over think so much I have my ownself making situations worse than what they are because of this over thinking.
    • Posted

I'm sorry. Not laughing at our issue. Just laughing at what Maria said!! I feel like I'm in my own psycho world too. Obsessing

• Posted

We have to laugh other wise they will lock us up LOL!!!

It's so hard to concetrate!! I have to watch a show over and over because after the first 5 minutes I get sucked back to my little world and I hear nothing!

• Posted

Hahaha!!!

How about this, my friend will be on the phone for an hour complaining about her husband, work, in laws and I'm seating getting anxious thinking about the illnesses i'm dealing with that moment I just keep saying aha ok !! The next time I talk to her I ask her the same things!!! She is upset with me right now!!- she hasn't called me for a week now!

I'm happy when I'm alone no one talks to me, no one demending or asking thingssmile

• Posted

Hi maria, funny how I'm the same Lol my sister call complaining about this and that and the third I just sit there Anixous and then start to feel funny and can't wait for her or people to put the phone down  yes like being meno alone I call it....just hope though we go back to being us so we go back handling anything and everything how strange.

• Posted

I sooo understand you. Except that's my husband talking to me. Sometimes he will just say you're not listening to me. Um duh.. he is great, but loves to talk about nothing.

• Posted

Oh yes! Would you please just stop talking...i love mine too but God!

• Posted

Ladies I'm there with you on this one also!!! Mine is the same way great man but all the questioning!! And if I don't answer he would ask if he did something to upset me or if I got mad! Sometimes you just want to screamsmile

• Posted

You need to say to yourself, no stop it or no that's not true. I read this in one of my perimenopause books. You need to talk yourself out of what your thinking

otherwise, you're like a train wreck waiting to happen.

• Posted

Thank you and yes you are right about the train wreck part thats what I feel like. sad

• Posted

Yes, I know Hon what it's like. But you can find affirmations online that help. A you have to do is repeat yt?

them to yourself over & over. I did this and it does help. I was constantly telling myself no this idea or thought with pass because it can't be true. I use to say I love myself and I refuse to think like that because I can't these thoughts control me, it's hormones not me. In time it calm your brain a bit though you feel fear but the horrible thinking will die down. I use to say 4-5 times a day. When you first say it it won't sink in but after 3times it starts to shift your brain to believe it's not your true type of thinking but one coming from hormonal changes. I recall one time I went to my doctor feeling like a train wreck I said I had some disease. She said I know it's your dip in hormones but you sound like a hypochondriac. She suggested the affirmations. And yes they do work. I hope this helps you on your menopausal journey. xx

• Posted

I swear this blog is getting worse! I meant to say: A you have to do is repeat it to yourself over & over until you feel a shift in your attitude and brain.

• Posted

oops....All you have to do...
    • Posted

There's days thoughts just keep streaming through my mind and I think 'this is stupid!That's not how I think and I don't want them there.'Reading a book kind of helps divert the thought stream and it trickles to a point of easing up to sensible again.I guess for me that's internal chatter made worse by hormones.

• Posted

Yes, fairywen whatever works for you. I had a hard time concentrating a d when I tried to read a book I would forget what I read. It was a vicious cycle so for me the affirmations worked. Yes, the internal chatter is caused and made worse by our dips and highs from hormones. Thanks for sharing xx.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.