Just wondering if it is known whether any children have ...

Posted , 1 user is following.

Just wondering if it is known whether any children have been born with bulbar palsy. My daughter was. If anybody has had this experience, could they please share how they have coped with it. she is now 11 and trying to get on as the best she can. thanks

[i:e0bb48bf79]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:e0bb48bf79]

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi my son has been born with bulbar palsy and is now 10yrs old it can be quite frustrating at times but we manage well he doesnt see anyone through the hospital now as there is nothing much they can do for him but as he goes to a special needs school he gets looked after from their team of doctors and speech therapists as he cant talk and has a weak side on left also has in the past had an operation to move his saliva glands further back in mouth to try prevent some of the drooling but doesnt seem to help much especially when he is eating

[i:d84c1bdfdb]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:d84c1bdfdb]

• Posted

[quote:116b07d8d5=\"V. \"]Just wondering if it is known whether any children have been born with bulbar palsy. My daughter was. If anybody has had this experience, could they please share how they have coped with it. she is now 11 and trying to get on as the best she can. thanks

[i:116b07d8d5]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:116b07d8d5][/quote:116b07d8d5]

• Posted

has anyone been cured of bulbar palsy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.