keep getting cramps in my stomach.

Posted , 2 users are following.

the doc says i have IBS (know this isnt the IBS group,but it's a cramp at worst) i dont think i have ibs to be honest.

sometimes i get a pins and needle pain going from my lower abdomen and cramping which leaves me leaning /doubled over  with so much pain. ive never had it before, and also pains in my belly button.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm so sorry that you have been experiencing this pain.

how long has it been going on?

T.

• Posted

bout a month. sad come on gradually, but as i have IB|S thought it was just a symptom from that. but ive cut out sugar and dairy n wheat..so dont know what else it can be.
  • Posted

Ypu did not supply enough information for anyone to really help you.  You didnt list a med. history,. drugs you were give nto rry, tests you have had. etc. No one can tell you what you have from so little information. However I can make some guesses but you will need to be examined and tested.  Since yo uare female---I strngly suggest you be checked for ovarian cancer, cysyts-tumors. You can also have an umbilical HERNIA ..if youe belly button turns blue--you can die--you would need emergency surgery--I strongly suggest you examine it (wuthout touching it) and make sure it is not protruding outward (an emergency) or turning blue (a surgical emergency).  You need to be examined by a general surgeon and a gynocologist.  Yo ucant solve this issuer at home or with pills....I also can not say the cramping is not from a woman issue (menstruall cramps) or from actual IBS...there is a drug which works well for IBS cramps--HYOSCAMINE 0.125mg ..ask for a pescription. It is ONLY for IBS cramps--a specific medication. If it does no good..I doubt you have IBS. Good luck. 
    • Posted

sorry i didnt even think to post about medication.. only on citalopram for anxiety and nothing else.

ive had a load of blood tests done. all my bloods are good.. i was on ibs tablets before which were good..im guessing where ive put on weight im having more pains?? ...everytime i go to docs they dont give me any tablets..

• Posted

Did you read my post? A blood tests will not determine if you have a hernia, a tumor, an absess or other issue in abdomen or ovaries. You can have all the negative blood tests..that wont state whether or not you have a serious issue requiring surgery.  Again-see a GI or general surgeon and gynecologist.
    • Posted

i can see i dont have a hernia though why would i get a blood test?
  • Posted

What are you talking about. You do not seem to be able to comprehend what you read. Show me where I stated you need mreo blood tests? I told you to see a GI doctor and or general surgeon and a gynecologist twice. You then said "why dp I need blood tests". SI didnt state anywhere for yo ut oget more blood tests. I am sorr I will nto comment further to you. You do not see mto understand what I type. Bye.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.