Keep getting UTI

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there ive always suffered with uti infections and cystitis but recently ive found out i have gallstones and its effecting my liver. Since this i have had white blood cells and blood in my urine which i have had antibiotics for but when i go to the doctors i keep getting this happening? Im wondering if its to do with the gallstones or infection or what it is? Has anyone else had this or any advice would be great thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like you need to get your doctor to take the infections rather more seriously if you keep getting them.  Have you had cultures done to find out exactly what is causing the problem?  You may be getting the wrong Antibiotics, or it might not even be an infection but something called Interstitial Cystitis.  I think the jury is still out as to what causes it but it's possibly scarring of the bladder lining from previous infections giving you the cystitis symptoms without actually being an infection.

I wouldn't think that gallstones would affect your bladder - but ask your doctor about that as well.  Get a thorough urine culture done.

• Posted

I forgot to say beware of which antibiotics your given.  There is a group called the fluoroquinolones which include names like Ciprofloxacin, Levofloxacin and Moxifloxacin (Avelox).  These are sometimes given when Trimethoprim and Nitrofurantoin don't work.  Please don't accept them as they can cause you serious and possibly permanent harm.  Just ask the doc if it's a fluoroquinolone and if he says yes say your allergic to them!  Don't risk it!

• Posted

Thankyou so much for your reply and yes i totally agree i will make another doctors appointment and get them to check into it more. like you said i wouldnt of thought gallstones could of caused this because ive been getting these for years and seems to be getting worse.Im definitely going to make a appointment again and try and get to the end of it thanks so much for the advice and ill keep you updated smile from carmella.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.