Keep Searching

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have same symptoms as many of you who have posted in Neurology:

Muscle pain

Muscle weakness

fasciculations

and the list goes on.

Often times a simple "Neurologist" won't have the expertise to make a diagnosis or a diagnosis can only be arrived at after eliminating everything else.

https://patient.info/symptom-checker

I entered just about all my symptoms and came up with the following possibilities:

Polyneuropathy Disorders

INclusion Bosy Myositis

X-Linked Bulbospinal Neuropathy

Glycogen Storage Diseases

Dermatomyositis

Mitochondrieal Encephalomyaptahies

Motor Neuron Disease

Rhabdomyolysis

Serotonin Syndrome

Toxic Myopathy

I can rule out several but the rest are still possibilities.

I would suggest that the average Neurologist doesn't make these diagnosis.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

has your vit d b12 and copper been checked
    • Posted

I have 5 pages of tests probably over 300 results.  I don't see copper or if it is there it is not abnormal.

• Posted

Firstly look into vitamin deficiencies which are often overlooked. Vitamin b12, folate and vitamin d.

Look up the symptoms of these deficiencies to see if it's a possibility.

I was misdiagnosed as having Functional Neurological Disorder. Turned out to be b12 and vit d deficiencies.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.