Kicked out off GP list

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

My GP practice has just removed me from their patient list because I missed 3 appointments .I feel really shaky about this .Am coming off Citalipram and Zopiclone .

I suspect the manager has stitched me up .

any advice please very welcome ?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mark

Only just seen your post and its 18 days old, I hope you are OK.  Are you in the UK? I didn't know it was possible to be removed from a patient list for missing appointments, I'm sorry that has happend to you.

I too take citalopram and have also taken zopiclone in the past.  I came off the zopiclone quit quickly after my release from a psychiatric unit in 1999 and consequently only had monor withdrawal symptoms.  I have only once since then stopped taking my SSRI and that was when I becam e hypomanic, the withdrwawal effects were horrid, so you have my sympathy.  I went back on it quite quickly when I had stabilised and have been on it ever since.

How are you experiencing withdrawal? are you feeling better since your post?

Sending you my best wishes

xxx

• Posted

I'm sorry your doctor did that to you but light at the end of the tunnel, the next doctor will be much better.
  • Posted

Hi again

You had a shock with that news.

You have the right to be registered with a GP. Try your hardest with each GP in your area.

Years ago, it was a friday night as well, I went to get my valium and the GP said he had had a phone call that I was drinking with the valium to get a buzz and he was not prescribing them anymore.

I came out of the surgery and said to the receptionist "no wonder they get beaten up".

My friend has to register with a new GP because his one from now on is only accepting private patients. 

Doctors and nurses should be in the job because they WANT to care.

My friend is happy though because we hate the sight of this .....

Arrogant, pompous prats some doctors.

Good luck and let me know how you are getting on Mark.

Hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.