kidney infection from uti on cipro 5days still in lot pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have a kidney infection with flank pain, back pain and nasuea and was perscribed cirpo for 7 days took them for 6 days and im still hurting. I have no fever and i havent the last couple days but the pain has moved all over my abdomen and left side of.back and left sholder.They did a culture lab on urine (when i got perscibed the cipro)and it said just to finish cipro and its fine. Is this all normal or should i be concerend and just go back to er?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

So very sorry you're having a lot of pain. I have just finished 2 rounds of antibiotics for an UTI and my doctor told me to come back, if I am still in pain. And I am - still in lots of pain, so I'm going back to see her. So If I were you, I would go back if you are in a lot of pain. You just might need more meds to help. Sure hope you're feeling better soon.

Sue

• Posted

I have an really bad kidney infection and I was given antibiotics, d the pain did not go away. I went back the doctors and she sent me to A& E at Wythenshawe Hospital. They have kept me in and put me on a drip.
    • Posted

Hi tracey128

It sounds like a bad through of the dice as come your way but I'm sure your in the best place now. At least the Doctor realised quickly it was beond her knowledge to deal with it and sent you to the hospital.

I hope you recover quickly let us know how you go on, as a matter of interest though what have they put you on drip wise.

• Posted

Hi feliciaann

I was given cipro 14 tabs 750 mg. for a suspect infection. Unfortunately it caused problems with my shoulder joints and a few more probs.

If you want to know any more , please ask.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.