Kidney removal

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my left kidney removed 2 years ago and I still get sharp pain in that side.sometimes I walk about on the backs of my sneakers,as I am unable to pull them up with the pain,and at times I get a very sharp throbing pain that is unbearable for maybe a minute,then eases off again...docs have said I may need to be taught pain management....im just wondering if anyone else has this after this op.Thank You.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had a kidney stone that behaved like what you are describing. If this is what it is it can be dangerous! Wish I could give some wise counsel! 😕🍀

• Posted

Thank you for your reply...I dont think it could be a kidney stone though as I had a mass of kidney stones there before docs discovered they had done so much damage to the kidney that it had to be removed..this pain only began after the op,and at times is so unbearable I actually cry out with it,and believe me I have a great pain treshold.it really has to be bad for me to complain sbout it....I just feel something is not right.
    • Posted

Hi again, listen to your body, it is trying to help you heal. Doctors are not magic they have what they have learned to rely on, only. Well intended or not.  You need to trust yourself and be honest with yourself too!! Keep on searching you deserve health. You are a WARRIOR n search of a healthy as possible life.🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

• Posted

My wife had her left cancerous kidney removed two years ago. Last summer was the first time she felt any pain in that region. At first we thought it was to do with the seat belt in the car but experimentation ruled that out. The problem is there and the seat belt just makes it worse.

Visit to the surgeon and a CT scan revealed all was well inside so no answer. We are waiting for further examination to see if the reason can be found.

• Posted

Thanks so much...you might keep me informed if you wouldnt mind....best of luck to your wife.take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.