kidney stones

Posted , 2 users are following.

Had lithotripsy 7 days ago not past any stones but the last 3 days had pain in kidney and ribs tested my urine and that is clear not sure what this could be. X

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Did they tell you that the lithotripsy had destroyed the stones or did they say that you will need a second course of treatment.

I was told to report back for a second treatment but by the time the next appointment came round, the remnants of my stone had passed.

I did experience a period of frequent urination and slight burning which must have been the day that the fragments passed, but I never noticed anything passing out.

Maybe your pain is the passing of remaining fragments? Maybe there is a bit left in there that will need more lithotripsy?

When you say that your urine is clear, is that clear of blood or clear of infection (or both)?

If pain gets bad, see your doctor again. For now, keep drinking lots of water that will help to flush away any remaining fragments and help to prvent stones re-forming.

• Posted

hi this is my 2nd lithotripsy was told when i went my stones had moved halfway down kidney .so they should pass after treatment .the pain i have is under ribs and on the kidney i feel it when i breath my urine is clear of blood and infection .i have had this treatment done many times and its never worked so had they taken out thanks
  • Posted

Where pain is felt is not always the location of the problem. For example, people having a heart attack may experience pain in their left arm. Therefore, the location of where you are feeling the pain might not be the place where you have the problem.

If the pain persists then you should ask your doctor for advice and/or stronger painkillers.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.