Klean Prep

Posted , 7 users are following.

Any hints or tips?!

Preparing for colonoscopy tomo and drinking klean prep!

Drank 2 out of 4 my stomach is in agony so painful & I'm feeling so sick drinking the stuff I don't think I can take much more x

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Millie1986

I have had Klean Prep before and it is really not the best tasting thing is it? Hopefully the stomach cramps are you bowels being prepared for their evacuation.  Please try and bear with it as it would be a shame for you to give up now and then the hospital not being able to carry out the colonoscopy

I kept saying to myself that it was just 'lemonade'.  It helped a little.  It is a shame that you cannot knock it back in one as that would be easier but apparently it is not recommended as it does make you vomit and again, your bowels won't be ready.

Chin up, bear with it, YOU CAN DO IT.

Hope all goes well tomorrow.

• Posted

I had the flexible sigmoidoscopy in January & had the moviprep but never had the pain.

I had to put Orange dilluting juice in this one. It's got 0.5g of fibre in it but it's the only way!!!!!

I knocked 2 sachets within 45 minutes now I'm paying for it!!!

If everything looks clear I don't need to drink the fourth but I know what you mean I can't give up!!

• Posted

Hi Millie,you can add some juice like lime to make it taste a little better,good luck x
    • Posted

Well done,I know it's beyond foul but lime cordial helps a little,good luck x
    • Posted

Thanks I managed it well I left around 400ml but I really couldn't do it!

Everything is clear so im good to go!!

Thankyou very much xx

• Posted

Hello.

Really feel for you...

Its gross-made me urge..

Couldn't drink it again,its awful..but like they say,keep going.and look forward to eating after,that's what I kept thinking about. Sad, I know.

I've had a few of them. Be strong, you'll get there .

Good luck

X

• Posted

Thankyou Claire ive managed half of the fourth one so that's me done I can't take anymore!

I hope your health is better since your last colonoscopy-I never want to do this again!

Millie x

• Posted

Hi, I'm taking what sounds like awful stuff after reading all the comments on Fri eve for an examination Sat morn., I just wondered if I could eat breakfast before I go, there is no mention anywhere about this - any ideas?  Thanks x

• Posted

I completely understand! I starting throwing it up unintentionally! I just could not take the taste. My advice... Take a quick drink of the liquid and follow it with water, repeat this every 5-10 minutes once your urge to be sick settles x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.