Klonopin withdrawals and length of time to success.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Currently been taking .05mg daily for 8 years once a day to sleep. I've never been successful getting of this drug. 

Can someone post. How long it took to quit, process used and life after Klonopin? 

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

It's been 31 months for me with no improvement ,but it varies and it's only supposed to take 6-18 months,and I was detoxed in 4 days which is the worst thing can be done .( same as a cold turkey.) 
    • Posted

Sorry to hear.

How long did you take? How many mgs.dose?

Yes, I heard cold tuekwy is the worst.

Has life improved at all?

• Posted

Its so bad,it has to start going the other way. I can't walk ,have massive ear ringing,head pressure ,etc and its because Benzo are excellent muscle relaxers ,so now my muscles ,even in the head ,face and neck ,shoulders,back and legs are chronically cortracted,so if you did a slow,slow taper ,you may get better soon. 
    • Posted

Im in slow taper right now...have no idea..but do have some side effects.

What did u take and how long?

Praying for you..and recovery.

• Posted

I was on one mg and it was increased to 8 mg daily ,last 2 years on it ,it was 8 mg daily of lorazapam  it was a 4 day in hospital detox ,so it was basically cold turkey, It's cmiminal to detox someone from a Benzo like they might do an illegal drug ,but that's what they did and why I have suffered for over 2-1/2 years ,and worse each year.
    • Posted

Im sorry to hear that! What was the reason for sudden withdrawal.

Ive decided to stay on my dose. Its low,and I never increased for 8 years. At least I can live life..

• Posted

High dose was causing blackouts and after 4 concussions I had to quit them
    • Posted

Understand..Praying for you. Smart.thing to press forward with healing :-)
  • Posted

Just hope you don't experience " tolerence withdrawal" as its when you get symptoms ( horrible) of withdrawal and you have to increase your dose to get the same effect. I started at 1 MG and in seven years I was on 8 MG daily.
  • Posted

If you look into the Ashton manual and do a proper taper ,you could be off and OK ,but it takes a year or more to taper off and then it varies as to weather or not you experience any symptoms after that .
  • Posted

Hi, I have been on high doses of both klonopin 2-3mg and valium 10mg daily (combined) since late 2009. Since last year i weaned off the klonopin but my doctor slowly increased my valium to about 40mg daily during that process and it wasn't too bad. I decided it was time to stop all these drugs these since April of this year I have slowly decrease from 40mg daily to 7.5mg currently. I did feel withdrawl type sympthoms upon reduction. I started reducing 2.5mg every 2 weeks and to 1mg each 2 weeks and now 0.5 mg each 1-2 week. I break a 2mg tablet into a fourth to obtain a 0.5 mg valium dose. It seems the lower you go the harder to gets, and I feel like it will be tough the more you approach 0. That is my biggest fear. I would recommend to drink LOTS of water with lemon, take magnessium, fish oil, valerian, kava, and melatonin for anxiety/sleep problems along the way. My doctor also prescribed me visteril, which works well sometimes. If I were you, I'd ask to be switched to Diazepam (Valium) and slowlyy wean off from 5 and 2mg tablets. 0.5 klonopin = 10mg valium. Its a low dose but still not that easy! If I quit cold turkey now, I know I would go into full withdrawl and I am scared the more I lower my dosages because it will take a larger percent reduction each time. Let me know how it goes and remember, you aren't alone! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.