Knee bend

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone nearly week 5 since tar my question is was at physio yesterday and I can't bend my knee when I walk so he wasn't pleased with me what do I do feeling frustratedfrustrated

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It is so hard, when you think you have been so good, done your best, then the physio gives you a hard time, but remember this, if he/she had gone easy on you, you would feel ok and not try so hard.  By being in your face should give you the will to work harder, show them what your'e worth, what you are capable of. Try sitting in a warm bath, let your leg float and try to flex/unflex.  If you don't the scar tissue with harden and you will be in a worse of state than before. This is one of the causes of pain at this stage.   It is still early days for you, so don't despair.
  • Posted

Do you know what your range is when you lay down and he measures it with the Goniometer? Did he tell you to try walking putting your heel down first then as you put the toes down try to bend the knee as in a 'normal' walk? I think OFG may have some tips for you on this. Don't stress, just keep trying it now and again, it will come.
  • Posted

Imagine you are walking with high knees and try to lift a little. Do your bend exercise on the step or stairs slight lunge to stretch. Do the lying down and sliding foot towards bottom often as you can. It will come if you are consistent. I also found standing and doing dips helped free it up. It stiffens when walking because we expect pain and are tense. Before Physio massage with oil take a pain killer and try to walk 'through' as of you were normal. You should then get a slight bend good luck stay positive x
  • Posted

Sometimes these PTs need a bit more empathy. ..i know it's their job to push us ..but i have had some eye rolling ang tsk tsking...which is not helpful. The recommendations abvoe will help but 5 weeks is still early days....go at your own pace and stay positive you'll get there xx
  • Posted

I found sitting on the bed or a high chair and dangling legs helped with mobility as well bout it's a long job and I'm seven months now and still have work to do onus cakes and flexion.
  • Posted

Thanks everyone back at physio on Thursday been out for little walks but this knee doesn't want to bend when I walk can walk without sticks round house been doing lunges as well I feel like it's so swollen it won't bend 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.