Knee cramped up, can't straighten leg or stand up

Posted , 5 users are following.

8 years back, I began having this issue where, if i bend my right leg back a certain point or squat, it'll immediately result in a very painful cramp, I cannot straighten my leg or walk at all. So I've been frightened to bend my leg, because the pain is too unbearable. The pain is located behind my knee, and right below behind my knee, the muscles there are painful to touch, but no noticable swelling or bruising. Any suggestions?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have no idea,I'm at a loss.

Sorry I don't have any answers,I just wish there was something that could give all of us some relief.

• Posted

There is a cyst that grows behind the knee, think it is called a Baker's Cyst. Also, it may involve a torn miniscus of the knee. I think you should have an MRI to determine what is going on. Hope it gets better.

• Posted

I dont have the pain in the same spots you do, but i know the pain. Try standing on a stair with just your toes. You may need a chair to stabilize yourself.Keep you foot back as far as possible and raise yourself as far as possible up on your toes. Hold for 5 seconds and slowly lower yourself as slowly as possible.As you go down im sure your calves are going to hurt like heck. Continue for 3 reps or more. The more you stretch the better youll start to feel.Dont stop with exercises when you start feeling better. Theyre very easy and take no time at all to do.The more the better, and there is truth in THE NO PAIN NO GAIN mentality. Ive also found when sleeping if you feel one coming on gentlely lift your toes up and mine stop almost instantly. Good Luck   
  • Posted

Hi. Have you considered seeking medical attention. It sounds like a knee inversion. I had a Bakers Cyst. Its a condition brought on by lots of standing. At one stage the prevalence of pain like this Cyst produced was from a group of people called Bakers. ...hence the name Bakers Cyst. I didnt have surgery to remove mine. But i did have deep ...I mean deep tissue massage which was actually worse than the canstant pain in behind that knee.

Over time and lots of tears and screaming into a rolled up cloth in my mouth the condition resolved itself. In hindsight I should've had the thing surgically removed. Please consider having an Xray looking for an anomaly at the rear junction of the knee where you've described the pain. 8 years is too long a time to not properly investigate.

..you should be out there dancing some rock n roll or Swing.

Regards

Mike (Buster)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.