knee has been hurting for 1 year Help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I need your guys's medical wisdom on this.

around 1 year ago I watch an epic movie with tons of parkour and cool stuff like that. so me being me started "training" to do some of that stuff... long story short I fell and hit my left kneecap on a rock HARD (backround on myself I was 15 year old' 6 1. 'in' 200 lbs ish) and it hurt like any other badly bruised knee so I just walked it off and did'nt think much of it. But around a week later it still hurt but only when it was bent and had weight put on it and the pain felt like it was UNDER the kneecap. but sadly after that I was being stupid and did the worst thing for the knee... seeing how high I could jump from. after a month of doing that it got worse so I quit and tried to stay off it the best I could and it got a little better but for the last year it been the same. I tried wearing a cast for 30 days and it felt worse after that so I do not know what to do.

"INFO"

When I move the Kneecap inward with my hand and move the leg it hurts ALOT more and when I move it outward ( away from the other knee) it does not hurt as much.

there is a grinding noise inside the knee .

If I lay on my back and lift my leg and bend my knee it hurts alot aswell.

there is no swelling.

It does not hurt to walk.

all advice is appreciated

thank you all in advance

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Oh and when I'm in a full squat it does not hurt.  it just getting to and from that thats the problem.

when I'm kneeling on my knees it hurt to put weight on my kneecap 

• Posted

You mashed your patella and didn't get treatment,  you need X Ray and treatment - also you need to respect your body my love your not a machine.  Go get medical professional advise,  NOW!!

• Posted

Hi William,

I haven't taken my old physical therapy courses since 1978 so take this all with a huge grain of salt!!!  It sounds like chondromalacia patella from what you have said, but check with a healthcare pro to validate and find out about treatment if it is.  chondromalacia patella stands for "sick kneecap" and can also be the result of a hit to the knee.  Hope this is right and also hope that helps a bit!  Good luck! beth

• Posted

Thank you for the information.

Just curious but after your [color=#3a2e28]physical therapy were there any lasting uncomfortable effects?

I been attempting to set up a doctors appointment but its proving to be difficult.

Again thank you for the info.

William rider[/color]

• Posted

I took physical therapy courses and sportsmedicine at University, so I learned about it....but that was so long ago that memory is probably incorrect! beth (but let me know!)  and good luck!
    • Posted

Oh sorry I read that wrong.  Good news is that I am going to a doctor tomorrow to get it looked at and I hope to get some helpful advice on how to treat this. On a different note I was wearing shorts today and I noticed it was a little swollen but not disgustingly so. Thats new and I dont know if thats good or not.  

Wish me luck neutral and thank you all for your advice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.