Knee Pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all

Have had both hips done April 2014 and feb 2015 recovery doing well now but this last month ive had severe knee pain including it giving away on me,clicking and not being able to weightbear

need to pluck up courage and see gp as i cant cope with knee

anyone else had problems with knees?

Dee x

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Not as yet, but I think you need to try tot get them Xrayed to put yoour mind at rest...Ian.
  • Posted

Hi Denise

I would suggest you phone your surgeons secretary and get an appointment. There could be an underlying problem with your hip. He will probably want to make sure all is ok.. If nothing is found then he will probably want to look into why your knee is playing up. Your surgeon is going to be there for the rest of your life unless he retires and passes you on to someone else. So any problems with your legs

• Posted

Hi Dee ... I agree ... pluck up that courage girl and make an appointment - it is not getting better and you don't want to risk a fall ...

good luck and big hug 

• Posted

Hi Dee

Got one hip done a year ago and knee still gives way, never saw the surgeon again after op but had 2 follow up appointments with an arthopaedic practitioner who was not in the slightest bit interested and said I should be grateful I dont have the original pain pre op which left me in a tearful state, have a cm leg difference that is so annoying, losing my balance and falling, seeing someone today about shoe lift to even me up ONE WHOLE YEAR LATER, i'm disgusted

• Posted

Hi May

You are supposed to see your surgeon who did the operation at regular intervals.for the rest of your life or at least the life of the new hip. if you have not then I suggest you get back in touch with the hospital and put a complaint in. A practitioner is not the same as the care you should have got from the person who did your op.  So don't hesitate and get in touch with them. if you have no joy I would think the hospital has a way of making a complaint like a patient complaints procedure. To me that seems like medcle neglect and you could have a case against the hospital.

• Posted

Hi May

You should have been seeing your surgeon who knows you so well having been there at your op at regular intervals

Speak to his secretary and find out what is going on - sounds like you have not had the follow up treatment you need

Have you not had any follow up physiotherapy to help with leg length difference?

Don't be frightened to push for what you need - it is your right to get proper attention and speak with PALS the complaints people if you are not satisfied,

Good Luck

Kind wishes Linda cx

• Posted

Hi Denise, yes I too have two knee's that need doing! But they can wait as I am still getting over a hip replacement and really wish I had never had it done at times! Why?As I am a carer for my disabled Husband, who has awful mobility himself and is deaf and severely sighted.He too also has chronic oa of spine,hips and knee's. So its the blind leading the blind! We must all be careful as its a major op! Regards Amanda
    • Posted

Hi Amanda ... 

I am so sorry to hear that you are having such a challenging time - is there any organization that can provide some home care ? home health aide to help you with your husband ? it is too much for you, isn't it ... someone so depending on you while you are still recovering your self ... are you in still having pain? 

sending you love and healing

renee

• Posted

Hi Amanda

Are you in Uk?

if so, I am surprised that Social Services can not help with a care package to give you some assistance

You are still recovering yourself and the burden of caring for your husband whilst you are still in recovery must be very difficult and possibly delaying you getting well

It must be very difficult for you

Do look after yourself

Kind wishes Linda xx

• Posted

Hi Linda,Thank you! I had a care package in for 6 weeks,Then social services came out and my husband said he wasn't happy with the 6 weeks so it was extended to may.Since then its get on with it. I really don't care as as long as I can have reflexology and jacuzzis. Hubby has 3 communicater guides 3 times a week, as he's severely sighted and deaf and poor mobility as well.We have a cleaner once a week,and the rest is up to me! I suffer with anxiety so hate hospital s big time. I got into the Nuffield under choose and book,but under the NHS!! Sorry to rant! Regards Amanda
    • Posted

Rant on, Amanda!On this forum you can rant as much as you like because we all understand!

Night night 

Linda xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.