Knee pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm 18 weeks tkr

still in loads of pain feelß like it twists some times when im walking ,it won't bend after have to pull it up click it back then hurts for hours after cant bend or straighten it with out pain

still on pain killers n using 1 crutch because of arthritis in other knee

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi jen that sounds awful id be asking to see your consultant again?? Mine sometimes locks and I feel like I have to click it and still having lots of trouble with that stiff tightening band. Its an aeful slog but im sure wel get there. Try to see if you can at least see your GP to see what he says???
  • Posted

I was the same and had more Physio and deep tissue massage plus hydrotherapy which helped but slipping again at 28 weeks still swollen and stiff if overdo it. Feels never ending but still better than those first few weeks. Scan says all okay so just doing what seems to be what most of us end up doing and hoping it will improve slowly but surely. Exercise and weight loss arey next attempt to help myself as docs not interested once functional
  • Posted

You really need to go back to where it was done. Your problems sound like mine (I started begging for help at around 18 weeks) - I had investigations, the surgeon was rather half-hearted & said "it will prove nothing is wrong" & it back-fired on him, as my new knee was less than perfect & would never be right without a revision. I am now on the waiting list waiting for it to be done all over again. You may well be just late in getting there- but you really need to have it looked at.
  • Posted

I have to agree with Veronica's post.  At 18 weeks it seems wrong that you are still having so much trouble.   And as Veronica says, they don't want to know really, so you will need to be very persistent.  I do hope it improves for you . . This permanent pain drags us down.  My knee is now good, but in agony with both ankles. it seems never ending. . . .
  • Posted

Don't want to worry you but this does not soujnd right to me at 18 weeks post op.

I think you need to go back to orthopaedic consultnt who did your op.

Take care and keep in touch

Praying for you

Sarah xx

• Posted

Thanks everyone i had a knee support on all day today so feeling better.going to ring hospital Monday

not having other done till this one sorted

• Posted

Well iv finally given in after a fantastic weekend partying for my 50th birthday. Couldn't put my foot to floor without severe pain yesterday .rang hospital and went to see orthopedic nurse she sent me for xrays couldn't see anything wrong, so got a consultant to come look at me .IV SPRAINED LIGAMENTS 😕

going back for physio, walking with both crutches again ice n heat back in 4 weeks,its happened because mussels round my knee arnt strong enough

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.