Knee Pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I feel on December 23rd and kind of over extended my left knee along with a major bruse on my left hip area. My knee has been very painful ever since the fall. It is especially painful when I am in bed with my leg fully extended. When I get out of bed it is so painful that I could use a walker to get moving. Once I move around for a while the pain is reduced. I can't bend my knee fully, if I did it feels like it would cause extreme pain. I take Platinum Robax which incorporates Ibuprofen + a Muscle Relaxant which seens to help a little otherwise I would have sleepless nights. During the day I could walk around and in fact at times there very little for pain for short periods but I still can't bend it fully and there is swelling and minor heat to the touch on the left side of this left knee. Should I go to the hospital? Here in Canada the wait periods can be very long in excess of 12 hours at times.

3 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

omg  call  your surgeon ,you coulx have cracked something  chipped  boned or the parts  moved in there .asap .a fall like that  is crucial to be xrayed especially  since your  replacemnet

• Posted

hi phillip i take it that you have a tkr  its awful that you have had a fall ,we all dread that happening .its been a good few weeks ago since it happened so maybe if your still in alot of pain i would maybe make an appointment to see the surgeon to check it an xray might be worth a look at it if your worried . in saying that i can understand going to the hospital and waiting long hours (sounds like our hospitals here ) is a hassle if alls ok . give it till after the weekend and ice it and massage it and rest it good luck i hope alls ok these tkr are very strong and its probably just alot of bruising fingers crossed
  • Posted

I wouldn't waste any more time, if it were me, I'd call my doctor ASAP. I took a spill in late Fall. Stepped off the porch and ended up flat on the ground. I wasn't sure I'd done anything but called my surgeon a couple days later, for my own peace of mind.  Saw his assistant and they took Xrays...luckly everything was AOK with the knee replacement parts. I had pulled a muscle and was sent for about 4 weeks of PT, which helped a LOT. Since you can't bend your knee with out pain, and there's swelling and warmth, I'd really get on the phone and make an appointment to see the doctor!!! This surgery is bad enough without having any more problems. Good luck and hope your problem will be solved soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.