Knees!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi

I am 9 weeks post TRHR, 46 and not doing too bad.

However, I managed to get down on my hands and knees and the feeling in my knees was horrible.  They felt really alien and uncomfortable.  I then tried squatting and almost lost my balance, it was my knees again which were the problem. They felt like they were going to collapse.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Paula

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Eeek, are you going past that 90 degrees point?  I was with a friend when her hip dislocated and with her in hospital when they tried to put it back.  I for one will not be pushing it for a very long time.  Please be careful and patient.  
  • Posted

dear paula .. was this the first time you tried this? it might be that the muscles around your knees are still tight and need to be more flexible ... is this a part of an exercise program ? 

I am 15 weeks post-op and still not comfortable doing this .... 

listen to your body and ice it if it still hurts or is swollen ....

take care - big hug

• Posted

Yes and it is very odd.  I have to really think about it before doing it.  I found it helped to have a pillow or well padded cushion to kneel on.  It also gives a bit of height so not quite so hard to get up again as well.  You are not alone! I am 13 weeks post op today and mostly okay - apart from lower back aching and still not able to get a decent few hours sleep, but I think will all get back to normal eventually. 
  • Posted

I'm 9 weeks and not done any kneeling or squatting yet!
  • Posted

Thanks everyone.  Maybe I'm expecting too much, too soon!  I will stop being so hard on myself 😜
    • Posted

good night Paula -- be gentle with your self - warm hug

renee

• Posted

I waited 12 weeks before trying kneeling - also watched the weeds! And then used a kneeler ( like an upside down stool) - which helped with the getting up and down . felt strange at first, but fine now - just have to be careful not to do too much but that is mainly because of the second hip needing doing. X
  • Posted

Hi Paula , I am three and a half months after having a double replacement and I still cant kneel down , like you say it feels horrible . I think because our knees have not done that for so long they are very tight . I tried gently kicking my foot behind me to try and stretch the tendons a bit . I suppose like everything else it will take time . A few weeks ago I forgot what I was doing and went right down on my haunches and shot straight back up , boy did it hurt . Take care of your self and these things will fall in to place , regards , Ruth

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.