Kyphosis, help please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey I've posted before and I can't seem to get any answers I have scheruman disease kyphosis and it's only 14 degree abnormal and specliast won't do surgery and can't tell me why I feel so much pain, is there a chance I've pinched a nerve or somthing ? I'm in pain everyday

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi david , they only do the operation on cuvers that are quite bad . If u have a pinched nerve as if its suitable to have the steriod injection in the actual spot thts being pinched which will show up with a MRI but you must keep on at your GP for all this ok . Hav u tried pregabalin pain relief? Or tramadol? Hope im sum kind of help but remember keep on at them until you get sorted.
    • Posted

No I haven't tried those pain meds I was thinking of it but doesn't the body get used to the medication and eventually stop working ? Thanks for the reply x

• Posted

Where do you feel pained to be exact? 
    • Posted

Pain is muscles tightness everywere in the back all though worse is inbetween the shoulders blades
  • Posted

Hi David,

For what it's worth, I had crippling pain with my scoliosis and I've had complete relief by practicing Bikram Yoga. Bikram is a beginner yoga practiced in a hot, humid room. When I started I could barely move and had to hang onto a ballet bar in the back of the room. I felt complete relief within the first few sessions, and 4 years later I'm completely able-bodied and pain-free (I'm almost 53 years old).

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.