Lack Of Sleep

Posted , 5 users are following.

Day six of cold turkey from Tramadol .small improvements on most symptoms . I'm pleased with it so far.but getting no sleep is now the  worst problem. Any tips . Can you help.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Whatever you do dont use Benadryl or Unisome. Makes restless legs worse. Maybe try Melatonin,a natural sleep hormone, or Tylenol P.M. or Motrin P.M. Magnesium helps to. Tablets. Hot bath with epsom salts. Or go Dr route an get an anti-anxiety med like Klonapin. I have that. I dont take it all time. But it could get you over the no sleep hump. It dhould make uou sleepy. Also natural anti-anxiety is GABA. Look it up. Stay hydrated to. Goodluck.
    • Posted

Thanks for reply.are you in us. Don't reconize drugs you listed.
  • Posted

I took Tramadol for 18 months. I also quit cold turkey 2 1/2 months ago. For a person new to the withdrawal symptoms I would highly recommend the following.... Klonopin or something similar like Xanax or Valium. 1/2 in the afternoon, 1/2 at night. 2 Tylenol PM with the nighttime dose of Klonopin. Ask doctor for something else for pain. Nucynta is good. Once a day at dinner time. DO NOT EXCEED ANY OF THESE DOSES. Imodium for expected diarrhea. Rest, relax, stay home if possible. Drink water. And remember, you will get through it. You will be fine. Ask God and the Guardian Angels for their help and blessings. I am back to my old self. I wish you well.
    • Posted

Hi Michele. Thank you for good advice and kind words.looking forwards not back. Stay well.
  • Posted

I found diazepam helped with sleep anxiety and restles legs. BUT tou dont take then for more than a few day, a week at most othwrwise you can end up with another worse addiction. That said they helped me get through it. They DONT help with depression though.

Are the uk? If so you can get legal benzos. Diclazepam is the most similar to diazepam. Pyrazolam does wonders for anxiety with little sedation. Avoid conazolam if you want to stay awake or be able to walk the next day!!! There are others but those are the only ones I tried.

But, and I can't stress this enough, don't take for more than a week. And they don't help with depression.

• Posted

Hi all. It's day 10 going cold turkey from taking 8/10 Tramadol. 50 mg. for about 18 months. I have to say that is without doubt the most difficult thing I have done.the nights are long due to lack of sleep and restless legs , those for me the worst symptoms. But here we are 10 days later feeling match better both physically  and mentally. So if your reading this and you want to stop taking a prescribed drug that you have become dependant on I urge you to give it a go .what the hell have you got to loose. And I assure you it is possible to do. Sleep patterns still a bit all over the place  and legs still a bit twitchy at night but I have got to be patient.  The best thing I did was talking to people on this forum , it has been priceless. So a big thank you to all who have given personal stories .  good advice. .  And words of encouragmet I 
    • Posted

Glad to hear you're doing better. I also did the cold turkey thing two and a half months ago and it was brutal. May I offer a bit of advice? Stay clear of alcohol. It will intensify the withdrawal symptoms and prolong the process. So your symptoms will be worse and last a lot longer. The other is to wear tight socks at night. Ones that come up to your knees. I found it was the only thing that helped which I discovered accidentally, but is surely effective. Take vitamin B Complex and magnesium daily. I read that it helps with reestablishing your brain function and that also helps. Best wishes from a fellow cold turkey survivor.
    • Posted

Hi Michele .not had any beer for 3 weeks. And also using magnesium tabs.not got any socks that long though..may be Santa will oblige..stay well.
  • Posted

I took herbal sleep supplements when I was tapering off  a 800 mg a day habit

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.