Ladies, Just wondering, sex ??? Ever again 😳

Posted , 14 users are following.

One for the ladies, my poor husband and I have been deprived for along time , it's been almost impossible for 12 months and completely impossible for the last 6 . 😢. Seen as we can't see each other blushing 😉, thought I'd ask , when ? And if it's the same for others ??

2 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have you tried at all?  You may be surprised you can. I'd think you'd be able to after 4-6 weeks. Scary at first. 😬

• Posted

My THR is in 10 days time , first hip replacement for me (I'm 35 ) so was wondering? You know , I'm terrified I'm going to end up dislocating my hip , it's my biggest fear 😰. You think 4-6 weeks ?

• Posted

I am not sure if you had a hip replacement or awaiting one. There is some literature on "positions" to use after a total hip replacement that you may want to read. I think some people are a little nervous as I was at first but you may need to be "inventive." Hope things improve. FOR YOU BOTH!

• Posted

Thank you I will look for information x I didn't make myself very clear , I'm awaiting my first hip replacement, in 10 days to be exact 😃👍🏽. Intimacy has been impossible. Looking forward to my new hip and one day rekindling my / our love life x

• Posted

Oh this one has been asked many times - We can ask just about anything here, and after all, we're all grown up.

Go have a look at  

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/sexxxxxxx--533711

and here's a lovely poster for you to look at that someone found - it all depends if the man or woman has had the surgery as to which positions are recommended.

We restarted relations about 6 to 7 weeks post surgery, and the same post revision too, just like your hubby, my wife was feeling deprived.  We had fun trying things out until we found positions we were both comfortable with.

• Posted

Thank you so much, I think my husband feels unloved and I feel a bit useless 😢. 6-7 weeks sounds good to me . First hip replacement so terrified of dislocating .

• Posted

Thanks for asking the question about the elephant in the room!!!
    • Posted

Just take it gently, it is supposed to be good fun for both parties.

Dislocation is the biggest risk - just make sure he knows NOT to continue if you say "Stop".

If it hurts at all, or you feel uncomfortable, then stop.  You could start with mutual manipulation .... that can be a fun way to get started.

• Posted

I too am scared! My poor hubby! It's been a long time. Don't want to be a downer but I dislocated my hip. had first surgery in July then had hip revision 3 weeks later. Been married to my husband for 34 yrs! Just got to weight bear last Wednesday. Had been non weight bearing 6 weeks. So sadly I think it's gonna b awhile before we can. But rocket man has good info. Good luck with your surgery prayers all goes well & a speedy recovery. Hugs, 🤗🤗. LD

• Posted

Ohhh Linda 😱😰 dislocation is my worst nightmare, you poor thing . I'm guna be to frightened to move never mind get jiggy with it 😟. Yes rocket man seems to know about these things 😏X blessings xxx

• Posted

That's because I've been there twice sad.

Love the 'Elephant' reference. 

But then getting 'jiggy' after 6 weeks was so nice, we just had to do it all again cheesygrin

• Posted

Lol "jiggy" 😆 Yea I'm walking around very gingerly. I'm still trying to get use to this!! LD

• Posted

Getting jiggy with it is just a fond memory it's been nearly 2 years, but they do say its like riding a bike right rocketman??? smile smile smile I'm 7 weeks post op tomorrow and We've not even thought about it yet, it's been that long LOL

• Posted

You'll be amazed, it'll all come back to you razz

Just take it easy, and have fun exploring your limits

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.