Lansoprazole...feeling weird!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I get terrible acid reflux and ibs, after being put on ranitidine and finding it didnt work the GP told me to try Lansoprazole, im only into second week of a month's trial and its very good for acid reflux but i think its really upsetting my IBS...ive had terrible gripeing pains in stomach and lower abdomen( like tummy bug)..going hot with it, also feeling like indigestion, lots of burping and passing wind.  But the strangest thing is ive had a jittery eye(like when youre tired), for weeks and feel very spaced out and dizzy, headachey above the eye and at back of head. Dont know whether to stop them or not?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ninger

Well I took myself off lanzoprazole didnt like the way it made me feel, went to see consultant yesterday, he was brilliant, he went through loads of food alternatives and ways to manage as I do not want pills, and has suggested that ranitidine would be good to keep in an emergency only, so giving it a go.  Said that woman have a tendancy to suffer with a form of IBS and can get painful stomach as part of this and acid issues etc, so I am trying the food alternative and see how it goes, yesterday and today no pain or discomfort with acid but early days yet.

• Posted

Well I am coming of lanzoprisole after three weeks as found It too was making me feel ill. Like you burping gas bloating ,stomach pains just not good .Will be starting on Ranitidine tomorrow .will se if this is any better. I have changed my diet aswell which I have found very helpful in my quest for recovery.
    • Posted

at first i was given omeprazole and that made me feel very unwell, so i was given ranatidine and although it did help a bit, the effects didnt last long enough, i told Gp he said try Lansoprazole, very good for acid reduction, but still felt like i had indigestion, and also the side effects i mentioned previously. i stopped the lans; after 3 weeks because i feel so drugged up and dizzy and had visual disturbances on them plus awful pains in tummy all the time, and i still keep getting the tummy pains and still feel dizzy and drowsy...dont know how long it will be before i feel that these side effects are wearing off...but im waiting for the heartburn to return, and today bought some Maalox + to try....i also heard that eating live yogurts is good to get rid of the side effects of tummy ache????

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.