Lantus

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I am type 1 diabetic. Does anyone else get stinging when injecting lantus? It is to the point that I need to switch injection sites.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am type 2 for over 10 years.

I was told years a go to rotate my injection sights.  I use my thighs, both sides of my stomach,  high medium and low for each.

As for the stinging yes some times it bothers me. Ocasionally you will hit a nerve and it will hurt for a time. 

• Posted

i've been on lantus for 6 years out of my 10 years of being type one diabetic and mine still hurt now, i sometimes have to stop injecting half way through and change my sight as it hurts so much so im sorry but it wont get any better but you do learn to build up a bit of a resistance against it and it doesnt hurt as often, sorry for the bad news 

• Posted

Ya , that is what I thought. I remember whe my mom used it she would say it stung as well. It is such a good insulin and I do not want to switch so I do not want to say anything to my dr. Just wondering if anyone else had that too.
  • Posted

I have had to inject for the past 3 years, originally insulin, now it is Liraglutide. I am usually able to do it pain free, but every now and again I still end up with bruises and bleeding. I do not think it is what you are injecting, more likely the needles you use. Are you able to request a different type of needle?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.