Lanzaprole

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I have been on this drug for 4 years over these years I have gained 2 stone and now suffer with ibs symptoms and achy joints I have tried dieting but doesn't seem to shift I stopped taking the tablet 7 days ago and have loss 7 pound in weight and have had no ibs symptoms has any body suffered with similar side effects ? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I bought slippery elm today, to help soothe sore throat and hoarseness from GERD. I could only get the tablets from Holland and Barretts. From what I have read I should powder which I mix with water to make a porridge. Where do I get the powder and how long does it take to work. I started lansoperazole last week, I get headache and some mild dizziness, I hope this goes away.
  • Posted

Joan, I don't know if the lansoprazole has increased my hot flushes and joint pain, I am so used to waking with flushes, but it feels as though have increased in the last week
    • Posted

Hi sorry for late reply not sure about the hot flushes depends how old u are but after I first started taking the lans the Dr did think I was going into early menopause (43) I feel great now I don't take them my ibs has gone Also my remedies our not to sleep on left side I eat an apple or two wen I feel reflux coming on or even refreshers or love heart sweeties :-)
  • Posted

I'm really interested in this discussion as I too have been given lanzoprazol by my GP, the reflux is still there and I am feeling really rubbish to put it bluntly! I read about B12 difficiencies and mentioned it to my GP who's response was that when my bloods were tested a year ago the B12 levels were fine. How often should they be checked do you think. I started off on omoprazole (sorry if the spelling is incorrect) and then moved onto lanzoprazol and so have been on them for a while now, must be coming up for a year. I want to stop taking them and look at altering my diet etc but just dont know where to start! Any help would be appreciated.
    • Posted

Hi sorry for late response .i don't eat tomatoes unless I cook them but always add a little bit of sugar use leek instead of onions no bananas but apples are good when reflux Starts also I always have a packets of refreshers or love hearts seems to be working for me also don't sleep on your left side
  • Posted

Sorry if the response to this is in the wrong place. I'm new to these chat forums.

Sandra .. in answer to your questions.

I'm a meat eater. I don't know what you mean by upper or lower gastro. What I can tell you is that I have a bloated tummy most days and more so lately what feels like a sore throat. I feel like my sinuses are dripping and I need to clear my throat.

I've also been reading about Doctor Koufmans diet. Has anyone had an succes? I just want to know where to start reading wise to make this go away as its affecting my life now!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.