Lapidus Arthrodesis bunionectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am nearly 8 weeks post lapidus bunionectomy surgery. I will be out of aircast boot in two weeks and need to start looking for ladies shoes/trainers that will fit my swollen fit.  I cannot get into a normal shoes and would need to find a wide and deep shoe to accomodate my swollen foot.

Any suggestions of where i can look?

Thanks 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I wore lace up shoes that had laces almost to the toes so I could stretch it wide and place my foot in instead of having to push my foot through. New look had some that were reasonably priced. As for shoes I went to primark and bought two pairs of one shoes (my normal size plus a bigger pair). Hope this helps x
  • Posted

After Lapidus you should be wearing trainers because you are not completely healed.  I was able to wear ones I had but had to undo all the laces to adjust to my size of foot.  
    • Posted

Thank you for your advice.  I have lace up trainers but cannot get into it, will look around for one.
  • Posted

Might be worth looking at Schuh  as they have a great 365 day returns policy! Brilliant. Quick delivery too. I had a few pairs stockpiled at home pre -op in different sizes biggrin They sell most brands of trainers including Sketchers. Wish you a quick and easy recovery! 
  • Posted

Prupti 

you'll find cheap men's ones on amazon that will do you for several weeks, so long as you're not expecting to wow on the style front.

buy a pair of crocs a couple of sizes larger, good for the summer.

i wore sketchers, and still do, as they seem to be the most comfortable.

im 8 months bilateral lapidus, Atkins and hammertoe release, can't get into most of my shoes, Birkenstocks around the house, Velcro walking sandals and sketchers outside. Just hoping I'll get into my winter boots in November.

Caroline

x

• Posted

Thanks Caroline.  That is very helpful - in fact I tried sketchers today and I could get my foot in, now I will look into indoor shoes.  Gosh, 8 months is a long time and it seems I am in for a long road to recovery.  I have the other foot for Lapidus surgery!

Good luck and wish you a good recovery.

prupti x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.