Lapraoscopy for adhesions

Posted , 2 users are following.

Need a bit of advise from anyone who has had this done. I was suffering for 18 mthsor so from pelvic pain groin leg and back mostly on the left side. Lots of test later was finally given a lapraoscopy to see what was going on surgeon found multiple adhesions joining colon right ovary and other bits. He released these. I had this done on the 14th Nov. i have recovered well but still having pain across my pubic bone and in my right side and today backache. Is this normal after the op or could it be my problems are srarting all over. I was told i dont need to see surgeon until Feb! Any info would be ideal. i was discharged from hospital about 2 hrs after my 2 hr surgery so have not been told much about what went on during op. Just know what was done from reading my discharge note. 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hello I am having a laparoscopy on friday it will be my 4 th one over the last 26 years. I have had a full hysterectomy in 2005, but have had pain for the last 3 years and have suspected adhesions. When I have had adhesions before they were removed and the pain ceased. Have you pnoned the consultant up? it might  help to ease your mind and  maybe he will check you over, check for any infections. I hope you feel better soonxx
    • Posted

Hi i hope your lap went well and you are feeling ok.I saw my gp on Thursday and he gave me a good check over sent bloods off to check for an infection. He does not seem to know why i am still sore. My lap incisions have healed fine although the stitch is still in my belly button lol. My pain is in my right ovary and right side/back. Groin and leg seem ok. Hurts across my pubic bone to have a pee and all over my lower pelvic area to have a poo. I know adhesions can and do come back but surely not this quick. Seems the pain has never gone away and my op was all in vain. cry,  

Like i said i hope you are feeling ok take it easy hun. xx

• Posted

Hi there well it did go ok, it turned out that where I had my womb removed my bowel had stuckto my pelvis and had shrunk, I had 4 inches of it removed and also my appendix had gone bad and there was not alot of it left so that was removed as well. My consultant said that there will always be adhesions where there was surgery. It quite uncomfortable but painkillers are working ok. I think that your surgeon needs to do more tests just keep on at him and be firm, I hope your pain eases soon thanks for your reply

Sarah xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.