large ovarian cysts

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum..... I was rushed into hospital on Sunday with severe stomach pains first they thought it was my appendix but done a ct scan and discovered that it is an ovarian cysts 11x10x10 they sent me home and told me they will hopefully take it out in 4 weeks time

I'm in agony with the pain I look 9 months pregnant constant bloating tired feel awful

Really scared incase it ruptures

Would love some advice please

Love louise xx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi louise dont worry too much ovarian cysts are very common as is the bloating .  The hospital normally only operate on cysts over 3cm ,mine is 2.5 cm  , ive just had my second 6monthly scan ,just to keep a check on it , ive also got a small amount of calcium on my cervix and am due to have another blood test tomorrow. my cyst is harmless,but they still like to keep check on it. Im sure you will be fine after your op .  xx wendy  
  • Posted

Hi Louise! I just had a laparotomy for a roughly 10cm x 10cm (or more) cyst on my right ovary a week ago, and am recovering quite well!

My personal tips before the operation would be:

1. Eat healthily, eat clean, and get those vit Cs in.

2. Exercise (but not too heavily, so as to not risking twisting the cyst)

3. Rest and sleep adequately

Those three might've been the key as to why I am recovering well right now.

Also: Prep for post operative recovery -- make sure you have someone who will assist you in EVERYTHING after operation. Trust me, you don't want to tire yourself out post op.

And be positive. There was a time that I did feel a lot of negativity as to my situation before, but I figured it didn't help. An optimistic disposition helps speed up recovery!

Best of luck to you!

• Posted

Hi Louise

I too have an ovarian cyst, was brought into hospital last weds with dizziness and left side pain, had several scans and it's grown again to 9cm, now waiting today to ave a MRI scan then they will discuss when to have it taken out, they also said its bleeding, I still think ill be waiting weeks to get it removed, they seem t make you wait ages for anything done, hope your ok?

Debs x

• Posted

Hi debs

Thanks for the reply does your belly swell up I constantly look pregnant

I'm worried sick about the surgery

Louise x

• Posted

Hi Louise

Yes very swollen, are you having keyhole surgery?

Hope you are ok

• Posted

Hi debs

They arent sure if its keyhole or open surgery, I'm just a terrible worrier.

I just want this horrible thing out of me its making me so depressed as nothing fits me anymore.

Louise x

• Posted

Hi Louise

I know this is easy t say, but you will be fine, I had hysterectomy 2 years ago and I was terrified, but it was actually fine, also I'm thinkin when we both get our cyst removed, we will actually not feel as much pain as the cyst itself.

Debs x

• Posted

hi dont worry to much i had a 8.5cm dermoid cyst and endometrioma on my left ovary and a 4.5 dermoid cyst on my right i found out in febuary after having no period for 17 months and had them removed last week. i to looked like i was 9 months pregnant before i had them removed i have gone bk to normal now just still no period.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.