Last week I was diagnosed with symptatic Dermographism anybody els on here?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anybody know of this horrid condition I am at my wits end !

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Lesley:

My name is Shelly and I am a nurse in the USA.  I have Hashimoto's thyroid disease.

I think you mean Symtomatic Dermographism.  It has to do with your nervous system and you itch a lot and form blisters.

You will need to be under a Dermatologist and perhaps a Neurologists care for this.  You may want to post this under Dermatology forum.

I hope you get well,

Shelly

• Posted

.yeah thanks Shelly, your correct , I had a really bad day yesterday had to call my gp , he has added steroids to my treatment for a week he had heard of it but not came across it before .  Last week I saw s dearmatologist who diagnosed me, it it a very horrid this, last night about 7pm ballooned up completely from head to toe and it all set solid. If you lay your hand over the area you feel al the thing insied bursting and it fills you all up with water and wind 🙁🙁 thanks for your help
    • Posted

Hello Lesley:

It sure is rare, I think. I heard it can sometimes run a course for a while and then go away.

I know what you mean it is welts/blisters and is all over and you can't be touched.

Steriods can bring it down. I feel for you. I wonder if it is a family trait or somehow runs in families?  Do you have thyroid disease? They think it can be maybe related to it.

Get well,

Shelly

• Posted

Hi Shelly, thanks for your reply, I hen been tested for thyroid yet but will mention to my go thanks. I do have alsorts 😏 Ostiarthrites, diabetic , sudo dementia (which is a form of depression, it mimics demtia )fybromyalgia.  To cope with too 
    • Posted

Hello Lesley:

Have your doctor look for autoimmune problems like Lupus and Hashimoto's Thyroid disease.

It can be related to autoimmune.  Ask the doctor to do a TPOA (antibodies test for thyroid) and  ESR which means Erthyrocyte Sedimentation Rate for inflammation markers in the body.  Have a Lupus test done also.

Since you have Fibromyalgia and Osetoarthritis and Diabetes, you have some conditions that may make your skin do this. The steriods should calm it down and make sure you have some food when you take them.

Keep me posted on how you do,

Shelly

• Posted

Thanks sh lily your a god send will ask go when he rings me lunch time . Let you know the out come  , thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.