Late period + freaking out?

Posted , 2 users are following.

In summary, I've always had somewhat irregular 'times of the month', but the past year or so they've been increasingly hard to predict. Usually though I've been able to pin them to the beginning or middle of the month...

It's almost the end of September, and I've yet to have mine this month. Yes, I've been incredibly stressed and have had anxiety/depression beyond belief, but this never affected it before!! I have the symptoms of PMDD and PMS or so I thought (have for either the past week or more...I don't know, it's difficult to tell how much time has passed lately), including sharp pains in the ovary area, acne breakouts, cravings, etc...and typically whenever I get a sharp pain in that area it happens that night, but that was on Tuesday and...well...nothing's happened...

Another person I know had reecently gotten diagnosed with leukemia, and I've showed symptoms of that too (or so I've assumed...) and I'm unsure if my prior hypothyroidism has improved because I'm currently incapable of going to a doctor to get blood tests for reasons I can't disclose...

Does anyone have any explanations for this?? I'm panicking so bad...I'm afraid I have some illness that's delaying it or something, death is imminent, worst case scenarios...

I can list the symptoms I've experienced if need be in more detail, but I'm so scared....

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

First off sweetie calm down. I know what it's like to imagine worst case scenario. But 99.9% of the time it's anything but that. Secondly. How old are you?

• Posted

Sorry hit send too early. But when did your last period start do you know? Is pregnancy an option?

PMDD is a big problem. I suffer from it and I'm 45 my periods are all over the place. When they used to be 26-28 days now they are 26-28 or 31-34 and the last one started on day 16 ugh. Sometimes mine lady 5 days sometimes 10-12. Sometimes they are heavy other times light. The older we get the more funky our periods become due to onset of perimenopause to menopause. It's nothing to panic about. Just wait. I wish mine wouldn't start. Ever again actually. You have more concern if you bleed too much. So deep breaths. Try to relax. Once you do I beg you will start.

• Posted

I'll be turning 17 next Monday, stress usually affects me a lot in a severe case (I've been into the ER on multiple occasions for the symptoms it's caused), and pregnancy is definitely not an option, I assure you!

I don't remember exactly the day...but it was the week before classes started here, which was...August 13th or 17th, something around that timeframe.

I know I'm young, but with so many of my friends getting this awful illnesses and the like it's stressing me out further both of concern for them and for my own health, that and I'm unsure if any of my prior conditions have improved...stress upon stress, y'know?

Thank you for responding so soon, by the way!!

• Posted

Hey. Ok your young age explains a lot that mounted on to your stress level. I can relate I am a hyper worrier too. I always zoom to the worst case senario. But it is so bad for your health to do that. I know easier said than done. What has helped me Is my Faith. Praying for God to give me peace and lead my thoughts in the right direction has helped me tremendously. I'm. It trying to push this in you but if you have a relationship with God try asking for help. But do NOT worry. Once your stress levels go down you Mr period will return. At at your age I had many friends who skipped months even. So don't worry and no you don't have leukemia or anything else except severe anxiety which can cause crazy symptoms trust me. You're ok sweetie.

• Posted

Correction: Im not trying to push Faith onto you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.