Learning tp Open Up

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi to all:   remember a couple of weeks ago, we all talked about "talking with neighbours and aothers" and how to "break the Ice"?....it was mentioned we should start a new discussion on same.....well This has become Very Important to me....I want/need some Real Advice to get someone to Open Up....there are a  lot of people who don't know how "to talk/confide in Others", much to their Detriment.   I have been taught how to "do the Opening Questions etc", but I need something Really Extra to get this special person to open up...otherwise I feel she is going to end up like myself "healthwise"....she fits all the Criteria for falling into the Fibro Category....and this I would hate to see happen..................will be watching for answers........Bron

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bron, hope your doing well, what with our winter..gotta say, it's been a tad cold down here in Tassie...to get people to open up and really share I usually share my own story -what's relevant to them anyway.......I am talking more about people who need help who come to church for the first time....(guess it could be the same,) I do realise this is different yet it yields sooo much..well, one just never knows what issues their having....most of the time if I am truthful and not afraid to bare all, neither are they...don't know if this is what your talking about actually....be blessed, have a lovely day..:-) xxx
  • Posted

Hi Bronwyn

People open up to each other when they know you are speaking with them in confidence. Some people find it easier to speak with strangers and difficult with the people so near to them.

Just be open with the person and honest and hope that they will open up to you, but if they don't maybe they are not ready to open up. One need to see things from their prespective before giving ones own opinion.

It's a tough question to answer.....wink x

• Posted

Hi Bron, to get some one to open up you need to prove to them you are a good listener. This means you are not going to judge them or give them un asked for advice. Secondly you need to prove to them that what they tell you is going to remain private, you are not going to tell others. Maybe it is best to go softly and build up their confidence in you as a supportive friend and then they will feel comfortable to open up on the more personal matters.

Not easy, good luck.

Meg

🌺

• Posted

Hi guys (should say Gals);    yep, all is true.....and guess  what....she actually rang me today......really opened up for the frist time, in a Very long time...and she told me the reasons....I want this to be an open topic for any-one who feels the "need" to talk...as we were saying a few weeks ago..."there are so many lonely people out there who need to be able to Open Up"...I want others to know they can...to find that person...it's such a Lonely world for some....Bron
    • Posted

We'll done Bron, that's great....everyone needs to be heard, just that they often think that people really don't care or want to hear them...we must learn to make everyone we meet feel special and wanted.....right with you there...there are far tooo many people out there alone...be blessed...have a lovely day tomorrow.,:-) xxx
    • Posted

Great news!! I bet she felt better too once she opened up. 

Well Done in listening to her. wink x

• Posted

Ahh thats really good that she has finally been able to pluck the courage up if thats the right word to ring you and finally for her to be able to let it all. You come a cross to me to be some 1 that you can trust who is a good listener wount judge and people feel comfortable and at ease with. I personally think from my own experiences and having people come to me. They have to feel that 1 they can trust you to keep what ever their telling you, them and you.2 good listener 3 dont judge 4 feel comfortable and at ease with,then they could possibly open up. for me I have to trust and feel comfortable with that person. I dont always find it easy to open up to people.Take care gentle hug

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.