Left breast really swollen hurts bad all the way into my arm pit

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been dealing with the left breast swollen and hurts for 3 months has biopsy done had MIR done 2 times had mani gram done 2 times hurts to get dressed and walk drive or lay down I'm hurting so bad that I cry all day wish I knew what was wrong surgery might be the answer with taking out scar tissue and sniping the nerves hoping it works only think I can do Tired so much with no relief any body else's dealing with this I hate pain so much my left boob is Hugh and warm to the tough help I can't seem to figure out what is wrong

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sounds like an infection or some kind of blockage in your lymph gland Laura. Maybe going to another doctor and getting another opinion might help. My left breast is often sensitive or sore and I know that it is mainly the lymph in the armpit area. Don't give up sweetie. Go to the hospital emergency if you have to. There has to be an answer. If you had been nursing a baby I would say that it is an engorgement or Mastitis. Persevere in getting a diagnosis. Poor sweetie! Sorry you are in pain! Maggie xx

• Posted

I have no kids tonight it's so bad that I can't even lay in bed really can't stop crying it sucks so bad that no one can find out what is wrong been to 3 doctors no answer I'm getting mad that it is getting worse since yesterday it's even more swollen so much more pain all I do is cry since yesterday it's more swollen in my breast on outside left one it's in my armpit to now and my whole breast hurts bad I know something is wrong but no doctor seems to find anything so what do I do now I can't give up cause I can hardly move at all

• Posted

If I were you Laura I would just go to the hospital emergency. They tend to really look for the source of the problem. They have no choice but to do further tests. You can't stay like that! Please just get yourself to the ER. They may take the initiative of admitting you if they must. Maggie xx

• Posted

I'm seeing my doctor one last time to see if she has anything else to let me know if she can think of anything else it's way more swollen this morning can't lift my arm at all without pain didn't sleep all night had mammogram Ultrasound yesterday with no answer last night hurt really bad no sleep putting a bra on hurts bad every body thinks nothing is wrong it makes me mad if it's swollen so bad and hurts like hell something is causing it my breast isn't ever swollen it's. been like swollen for 3 months I know if my breast is this swollen it's because something is cause it and everyone says nothing wrong it just getting worse so after my doctor appointment I'm just going to the hospital I guess because I'm tried of swelling and pain it not normal is it to be this swollen and not being able to lift my arm hardly and the pain is it and the warm to touch I don't think it a infection because my ultrasound said no infection or nothing wrong yesterday so anybody have any suggestions I know the hospital should do more I hope but anyone have anything else to help me figure out what to do

• Posted

I'm being told nothing is wrong 3 test so I'm fine it's more swollen today can't lift my arm now didn't sleep all night to much pain I'm lost with what to do everyone says I'm fine but then what the hell is causing my pain and swelling it's not normal and it's not in my head either you can see the swelling and the pain it sucks so bad is breast support to be that swollen is it I swear doctors think I'm crazy I'm not I see the swelling and feel the bad pain help me not sure what to do feeling like doctors are giving up I want to know why there is so much swelling and pain

• Posted

Wow Laura sorry to hear that!!! I have breast pain also but it's no where near that extreme. Please keep going to the doc. It sounds like it could be infection! Praying for you!

• Posted

I had a ultrasound and many gram to everyone says nothing wrong. Everything is fine so what to I do if everyone else says nothing wrong it's so swollen today I can't hardly lift my arm hurts so much more looks like my left breast is Hugh I'm lost if everyone said nothing wrong then what do I do

• Posted

Hi Laura,

I'm so sorry to read that you are in so much pain and can't understand why somone is not looking into it further.  I agree with Maggie, that it sounds like an infection at the very least  and would strongly recommend that you get yourself to A&E.  Please let us know how you get on. x

• Posted

My doctor is sending me for ultrasound on shoulder chest arm pit she thinks it a blood clot or something in my chest and I'm having pain under arm in my shoulder and my chest all from my breast being swollen

• Posted

I'm so pleased that your GP is listening, please keep us in touch.  I really hope it goes well.  x

• Posted

Nothing show up no blood clot still swollen and hurts like hell now I can't lift my left arm without hurting so bad I give up pain sucks swelling sucks to I'm seeing a new breast doctor tomorrow morning hope she can help me out did all the testing and still nothing I'm p*ssed off hate pain and swelling all I do is cry all day

• Posted

Oh bless you Laura, I really feel for you.  I hope you get some answers soon. x

• Posted

I give up no answer still swollen I guess I'm going to be in pain forever it sucks bad I hate hurting bad it's like physical Thearpy or pain clinic I total give up

• Posted

Well at least they have not found any serious cause Laura. That is one positive anyway. Meanwhile, Try putting hot compresses on it which might help. Pain is a burden but don't give up sweetie, you will get to the bottom of it eventually. Ibuprofen might help to take the edge off. We feel for you sweetie! xo 

• Posted

I still have swelling and pain it hurts bad still I can't sleep it sucks I don't know what to do now if no one will help me it hurts like hell swelling is bad

• Posted

I have used warm compares it didn't help and took a warm shower with no help I give up something is causing me swelling and pain don't know what it is so I'm leaving with it and nothing takes anything away I'm tired of this already

• Posted

I think your worry is making it worse sweetie. Since they did all these tests, and found nothing serious at least you can be reassured. I often have pain in my left breast as well. I have had some Lymph drainage natural treatments and I try doing it myself as well. It seems to help. Take something for the pain and try to relax your body and mind Laura. A soak in a hot tub may help as well. It could even be a cyst in the Breast. That can cause extreme pain. It won't last forever Laura. This pain will end. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.