Left side stomach pain. Please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all. A few years ago I had a cyst on my ovary which had burst it caused a lot of issues with my stomach and lately I've been feeling sick hardly eating and egging pains in the left side of my stomach which also can feel like it's cramping up does anyone no what this could be please as I'm scared that it will affect me from having children? Please help 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Meg..Don't know about cysts...But years and years ago I had an ectopic pregnancysad and had to have one ovary removed along with the falopian tube. And were told by the doctor it would take a few years to get pregnant. Within one month I were pregnantsmile followed by a further two pregnancies..So, you should'nt be worried..you will be ok. Good lucksmile
    • Posted

I'm sorry about your ectopic pregnancy sad. Thank you u have made me feel bit better now about having children  smile 
  • Posted

Hi Meg; I, too, had many issues with Torting/rupturing Ovarian cysts over a period of about 5 years.....my first cyst  torted when I was 18 weeks pregnant with our  3rd child....I known that the pain is very sharp, and at time some drs thought I may have had Appendicites......I continued to have issues over next few years (with Endometriosis too),  but with a Good Gynaecologist treating me, I also had another bub/child...........I think what may be needed is for you to see a gynaecologist, and a Laparoscopy ?could find some Scar Tissue/Adhesions, maybe around your bowel and Pelvic Floor,  which can easily be Lasered and this should remove the "pain/s in your L) side of Abdomen/stomach.  and your hope of having your own children will be gone.....hoping that this helps?..............Bron
    • Posted

Thank you very much I'm going to show get on for few more days then will be heading to the doctors again and hopefully they will be able to sort something for me 
    • Posted

Sorry meg; but I do think that if you are having the pain now, this is The time to see your doctor, as if you wait for the pain to subside, it may not show

up on any scans etc????...............Bron

• Posted

Hi meg

You may have an infection. Go to your gp and tell him/her about the pain and sickness dont leave it make an appointment today. How did you know the ovarian cyst had burst?....

• Posted

Thank you. I knew about the cyst bursting after I was taken into hospital for a week I couldn't eat couldn't do anything felt sick all the time, after got taken into hospital they did all these tests and scans but couldn't find anything on the scans did find something from other tests they did that's why they decided to keep me in, but because they couldn't see anything on the scans and I was in that much pain they decided to open em up and that's when they seen I had a burst cyst, they took my appendix out at the same time.
    • Posted

Hi Meg

Thank you for your reply..the reason i asked is because i have an ovarian cyst 3.5cm..I was wondering how i would know if it burst so obviously i would get very bad pain and feel sick and not feel good....thanks again and best wishes in sorting out your problem...

• Posted

HI Lillian; for me (I've had quite a few torte/rupture),  the pain starts out as a niggle, and then builds up and after it ruptures, the pain subsides.....usually over week, and does Feel like Appendicites Pain......very sharp at end....for mine they Did  show up on a Vaginal Scan (extra fluid in Pelvic Region)....Bron
    • Posted

Hi bronwyn

Thank you for informing me of your experience with a ruptured ovarian cyst...I shall bear it in mind and look out for the symptoms you described....thanks again ..best wishes

• Posted

Sorry for the late reply. You are very welcome I hope it helps you. Yeah you would be in a lot of pain and feel sick I couldn't eat anything and I also couldn't go to the toilet for anything I struggled bad for a week. I couldn't even wear jeans in the end as they felt tight on my stomach all I could wear was baggy trousers..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.