Leg aching

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had staples removed today, looks lovely and clean only problem is the thigh and back is now aching and can't take any more pain killers, think I might try a heat pad has anyone else found this

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I still use a heating pad almost 7 months later, it is quite soothing...Take care.
    • Posted

I put it on my lower back and the side of my hip across the incision...I have back problems too...
    • Posted

I had put ice on my incision for swelling, but my ortho said either was fine....
  • Posted

You will feel so much freer once staples are out & it's good your scar is well healed. After a few days the muscle should ease. I was recommended to put ice on scar & muscles for any muscle pain as inflammation is still under the tissue & heat might aggravate it. Don't know if my advice helps but it's the advice from ortho nurse
    • Posted

Give it another few days. I was worried like you. The 1st 3 weeks are so scary as you're afraid of overdoing things & dislocating your shiny new hip. But you build confidence as the weeks go on. I'd say try ice on your muscles & scar as I'm sure you're still bruised & swollen. My skin is still peeling after the swelling & im almost 9 weeks post op
  • Posted

Hi marilyn , 

what kind of aching do you feel? could it be muscle pain or soreness? or is it the scar ?

I personally don't like ice packs when I am sore, so I use heat -  

how is your other leg/hip doing? mine is doing much better - they equally are getting stronger and have similar pains and discomfort as well -

good Lord, poor legs ... and knees too - all those muscles trying to stretch to accommodate me to balance and walk properly - 

it seems to take longer this time around, doesn't it ?   

continue to be gentle with your self - easy does it, darlig

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

lucky you with your staples being femoved, I had mine done 10 days after the op but they leaked after for another week so had to carry on with a dressing, finally removed that on Monday but the scar looks awful, still bruised and red cant look at it! but at least its not leaking any more. I also have back pain and use a heat pad across my lower back which helps. I dont think my scar will ever look neat but hey ho its hidden by my bum cheeks haha,
    • Posted

My wound leaked for 6 days after I was discharged - quite a mess initially for my wife to change the dressing, my surgery got the district nurse to come and do it.

Four weeks ago right now I was on the operating table (where has the time gone), the wound looks lovely and pink now.

Regards

Graham

• Posted

you are a week ahead of me then Graham I am 3 weeks yes the leaking was grim for me too luckily my husband isnt squeamish so did it, My wound still looks grim in places but guess my bum cheeks were chubby so they had to cut deep haha. Hopefully it will look better soon, but as long as everything else is ok its a small price to pay!

Well done on your recovery

Regards

Julie

• Posted

The ache has gone a bit now also had a better nights sleep went to bed with just paracetamol last night and I am managing to walk round the house with just one stick which is good going

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.