Leg Cramps

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone get leg cramps with anxiety.

I have had sore limbs but now its cramp at night

Could it be a medication side effect?

Im on fluoxetine 40mg and propranalol 40mg

cheers x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi lillie,

I am not a doctor but to me it sounds like a side affect or maybe a potassium deficit.

When I get leg cramps at night, I eat a banana each day for a couple of days and that seems to help.  Those cramps are so painfull.  Just remember when you get them to pull your foot forward towards your front leg. Do not stretch your foot out straight because this will make them worse

Ellen

• Posted

Hi lillie,

I am not a doctor but to me it sounds like a side affect or maybe a potassium deficit.

When I get leg cramps at night, I eat a banana each day for a couple of days and that seems to help.  Those cramps are so painfull.  Just remember when you get them to pull your foot forward towards your front leg. Do not stretch your foot out straight because this will make them worse

Ellen

• Posted

Hi,  I get leg pain with anxiety.  I did speak to my doctor about it,  but she just looked at me as if to say no it's not a symptom of anxiety.  I take Mirtazapine and she said it  doesn't give cramp.  I really do think it's to do with anxiety.
  • Posted

Magnesium glycinate. Easy in the stimach fantastic for the nerves. Oure encaosules.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.