Leg cramps

Posted , 2 users are following.

i am beginning to wonder if Venlaxafine  can cause leg cramps which I thing could be poor circulation. Has any one experienced this?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Dear Dolores

venlafaxine can cause variety of symptoms , leg cramps might be related to it but its not due to to poor circulation , do u get the crapms on exertion or at rest??

• Posted

Thank you for replying. This feeling in my legs would be discribed as a tightness in my calfs. It does happen at  rest but stays with me during the day and I have difficult walking.
    • Posted

both calves?? does it get worse with exercise???? if it does not get worse with exercise then its unlikely  vascular not to mention its in both legs , its likely side effect of the drug, 
    • Posted

I am hoping it is a side effect to the drug because I had a avascular neurcrosis when I was in my 50's. I was lucky to find a clinic and I had magnetic signals going into my hip. It saved me 10 years before I had to have surgery. That disease is 

deminished blood flow to the bones. After I am completely off these meds. I will have it checked out if I still have this tightness. 

• Posted

Hey Dolores

I've not had crap as such but have developed a really bad aching pain in my ankle/shin. I'm constantly tensing my leg muscles which feels like cramp.

Thanks

Neil

• Posted

Hi

This feeling is like a real tightness in my calf. My knee I also giving me problems. 

• Posted

That's what I thought and wanted to get off it. Now that I am off lt, I am on 10mg of Fluoxitine to ease the withdrawal. My whole body aches like I have arthritis. I originally went on Venlafaxine to reduce pain in my neck for nerve pain and stiffness. It worked then I started to get calf pain.

Maybe I am eating or drinking something that is causing inflammation. 

• Posted

Sounds like your still going through withdrawal. Asked your gp for some co-codomal or tramadol. You shouldn't have to suffer.

Thanks

Neil xx

• Posted

No thanks! I looked up these. I will just be patient for another month.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.