Leg length

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone having now been 17 days post op I am feeling a little pain at times. I feel quite feverish and shivery at night and can't seem to get warm. I totter about indoors with no crutches and feel as long as I'm not feeling much pain it's OK to this as it strengthens muscles that were not used whilst I was in so much pain before. However when I stand upright it feels as if my operated leg is slightly longer than my other leg. Has anybody experienced this and does anyone else feel so feverish during the evening.

Also i would add that if I go outside I used both crutches

Thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My daughter is 16 days post op for plica surgery. She hasn't said anything about one leg feeling longer but her surgery knee is a bit unstable and feels like it is going to give out in her. Her knee is still swollen and she is using one crutch out of the house and and no crutches in the house. She is limping.

• Posted

My husband has recently had a TKR and his leg is longer then the other now. The PT said they don't know how he'll ever walk right with the way it is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.