Leg Numbness and tingling Weakness

Posted , 2 users are following.

I recently had an MRI scan done due to my car injury about a year ago and due to that my left whole leg has been numb and tingling which also causes my right leg to give out and be weak 24/7

The MRI said this but I don't understand it and my doctors didn't explain I'm really eager for what could be causing my numbness

"A Recent MRI of the Thoracic spine revealed an area of increased signal intensity in the Right lateral aspect of the Thoracic spinal Cord consistent with an area of Gliosis and likely a penetrating injury in this location. There was a small CSF Collection in the Epidural space anterior to the thecal Sac from C7 to T6 most consistent with a Dural Tear."

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Fazel,

Have the say anything about sciatica? Or disc compression? Sounds to me that you might have sciatica or nerve damage, keep going to drs to find out what's going on before its to late to fix.

Keep us updated

And I hope you have pain relief and answers

Take care,

Cynthia(cindy)

• Posted

Hey thank you so much for the reply and I've had this condition an problem since last February so 1 year I was in a car accident so the doctors stitched me up because 4 pieces of glass hit my back n pierced me they were fairly small as I was hit from the back in my car..when I was in the hospital they said that I had a small spinal fluid leak.. But they bandaged me up and that was it it when I got out of the hospital it was my left leg that was weak but no numbness and my right leg was the weak one but months have passed and I thought because when I was healing that I was using my left leg more to support myself and walk that that's what initially caused it to be numb all the time but as my legs got back to normal my left leg only started to feel like tingling and in comfortable numbness 24/7 for instance when I stand on my tip toes on my left leg it sends a sharp pain up my leg and stops at the buttocks.. This issue has been stopping me from performing the activities I so desire badly to do and my doctor has not explained what my MRI means they prescribed me from my family doctor APO Gabapentin 100mg white pills which I take in the morning and at night but I've been taking them for a week and a half and nothing has changed I literally sleep on my right side every night because if I do on my left it makes my whole leg much more numb then usual... sorry for the epic speech but I appreciate u discussing and sharing your knowledge I just want my leg to feel normal and the weakness to stop my leg sometimes gives up and I can't stand on it an balance on 1 leg for more than 30secs
    • Posted

Also they said there is no disc compression and they said I was too young to have sciatica but I don't know I just went off what they said I'm so lost n confused

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.