Leg Problems

Posted , 9 users are following.

Does anyone else suffer from thumping, painful legs with hypo? Not talking about restless legs. My legs feel as though they are burning and expanding - they're not. It's constant. On levo. If anyone can share would be grateful

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes !! And my hands.my doctor told me its the Synthroid that I was on 100 milligrams he took me off of it because my t's were out of range High very high I'm on nothing right now he took me off of my medication till my levels come back down and then he's going to put me on a different brand at a lower dosage probably 75. I hope this helps

• Posted

Yes I feel your pain... I started taking potassium and magnesium but the stuff from GNC not Walmart.... I feel a lot better but also my Dr took me off Synthroid and put me on Armour Thyroid. Try a extra dose of magnesium. Let me know if it works for u
    • Posted

Yeah I take magnesium 3 times a day I tell potassium's excellent McHale seems really good I had a reaction to the centroid in the one is equal to centralize Aaliyah take me off at the other one so now I have to try another brand and on top of it the Synthroid cause me to not have a bowel movement at all so now I've got feels like to blockages in my intestines I hate taking this medication but I have to because my thyroid is out

• Posted

Are you referring to massive water retention and leg bloating? That happened to me. My guess is you're younger and probably not as susceptible to the bloating.

• Posted

No she is not bloating.. this leg pain she is taking about you can't sleep it hurts to walk it her calf muscles it's almost like restless legs syndrome on steroids... I think if my Dr didn't change my MEDS in Nov 2015 I would me in a wheelchair today. Before I had my Thyroid removed in 2013 I went to the gym 5 days a week by 2015 I couldn't leave the house😪

• Posted

But she states it's not restless legs

• Posted

Yes I have had leg and joint pain even in my arms I'm not taking no meds right now l. First we thought it was restless leg syndrome but my neurologist said its not.

• Posted

I have tingling sensation/ pain/ stiffness/ tension along my spine and breastbone. All started few weeks after starting levo and has gotten worse. A lot of pain in one floating rib, right at the end. I'm beginning to feel like an old woman. I'm only 35

• Posted

That's what I suffer with. Mine is water retention. Make sure you drink plenty o

• Posted

Thank you everyone for your responses. It isn't restless leg syndrome but really hideous pain in my leg muscles, particularly my calf muscles. They aren't swollen, they just feel as though there is Simons inside trying to break free!

I am going back to endo next month with a whole list of problems!

Thank you again. smile

• Posted

Have you had your vitamin D level checked or tried taking extra? I have the same problem as you. An endo has checked all my thyroid levels and they are normal. Have been told to take extra vit D but have only just started.

• Posted

Yes. I have had absolutely everything checked and my endo prescribed liquid Vit D which I have to take once a month. Thank you for responding smile

• Posted

Has it made any difference? I was told that the endo only sees patients with overactive thyroid probs and that underactive is only treated by the GP.
    • Posted

Have you been prescribed any medications recently or in the past 12 months. Some cause tendonitis.
    • Posted

An endorsement doctor sees anyone with any kind of thyroid problems
    • Posted

Here in Italy GP's don't treat you for thyroid. You are referred to endo straight away.. Endocrinologists see hypo as well, sounds like you were fobbed off with that. I would insist with your GP. I have lived here for 2 years, before that I was in the UK all my life.

• Posted

Where in Italy do you live? I go there every test year and do speak the language competently (B2/C1 level). Re. Endo's it is the NHS economising but underactive is easier to treat than overactive. I have been managed by a GP most of the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.