Leg soars from we genres disease

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have a wound  where they took a biopsy on my leg to diagnose my vasculitis (wegeners)  disease. I can not get it to heal. Any suggestions?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

How long has it been? Just yesterday, I went to a wound care appointment, & discovered that my abdominal wound that I'd been self-treating with antibiotic ointment & a dry dressing, had dead tissue in it, also sutures. It would heal over & look good, then pop back open after a couple weeks. A nurse that I met who also has Wegner's, said it took two years for her wound to heal up-with Wound Care's help. I guess we heal more slowly with suppressed immune systems. Ask your doctor & if it still doesn't heal, ask for a referral to Wound Care.
    • Posted

Hello Mary

?Firstly, what do your medical team say this is? Have they diagnosed it? I have Wegeners (now known as Granulomatosis with Polyangitus or GPA) and had a slow to heal ulcer on my ankle. This was diagnosed as Pyroderma Gangrenosum (don't worry it's NOT gangrene) took over 18 months with dressing changes twice a week at GP surgery and monthly checks from a Tissue Viability clinic before it healed up.. Good luck - let us know when you know what it is.

• Posted

Hello Mary

?Firstly, what do your medical team say this is? Have they diagnosed it? I have Wegeners (now known as Granulomatosis with Polyangitus or GPA) and had a slow to heal ulcer on my ankle. This was diagnosed as Pyroderma Gangrenosum (don't worry it's NOT gangrene) took over 18 months with dressing changes twice a week at GP surgery and monthly checks from a Tissue Viability clinic before it healed up.. Good luck - let us know when you know what it is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.