Leg twitching

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi ladies

has anyone or does anyone suffer from what feels like twitching inside the legs, feet or thighs  (it doesn't show on the outside) but I can feel it on the inside

silly I know but it's been happening the last few days and getting me down now

Wondering whether this is another peri symptom or another trip to the doctors 

L x

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Yes I suffer with this on and off. It's another peri symptom that's gives me anxiety x
    • Posted

I know what you mean. Mine seems to be worse when I'm trying to sleep. It does come and go with me. But of course with health anxiety in peri I think the worst x
    • Posted

Mine seems to be on and off during the day (which makes me anxious at work) and yes when I'm sleeping too. X
    • Posted

I've been in peri nine years and have had and still having every symptom in the book.

The ladies on here recommend magnesium for the twitches. It also helps with anxiety as well. I haven't tried it yet as I get nausea with just about anything these days x

• Posted

I've had this in the past it went away now I am going through the lower back ache that causes my leg to hurt and foot almost like I have a spur or something it comes and goes
    • Posted

Thanks Monique

I suffer from osteoarthritis in the spine and suffer with walking anyway but this has been happening for the past 3 or 4 days getting on my nerves now

• Posted

Well, today I went for a cardiac ablation and it was cancelled. My legs were shaking and jerking so bad.I could not even walk. Oh what a mess. Now I have to wait 3 weeks to go back, This i suspect is full blown anxierty. Not nice
    • Posted

I started getting tachycardia in Feb. This is when your heart beats 180 beats per minute. An ablation is when they go through your groin with wires up to your heart. They put you into tachycardia and can find where there is a short circuit is in the heart and zap it. If successful, you should not have tachycardia again. Hopefully. Crazy eh?
    • Posted

Oh wow at least it will stop those horrible fast beats. It's awful when you get the fast heart rate. Hope all goes well. Keep us updated x
  • Posted

Hi Lesley as I type this my left leg is tingling and twitching. It is cold to the touch. It's been like this the last few evenings and it's causing me to be very anxious . Just started over the weekend . I'm 47 and I hope this is peri related.

Much love ❤️

• Posted

Hi Mandy

Mine has been on and off today (not cold to the touch) but I've been trying to think of other things to take my mind off it

I think it's peri related as a couple of other ladies has had the same

Take care ❤️

• Posted

yes i do but sometimes it comes on full on and my legs really jerk my menapause has increased my depression and anxiety tenfold

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.