LEMON AND HONEY

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi i hope im not being a bore just the now but with so many flare ups im trying so many things in the hope i get something right.

I hear so much and one was Half a lemon with warm water and a little honey in it.  I dont know if it helps or not but doing it anyway If anyone else does this also can you tell me if Rowse Honey is ok to use ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It can't do any harm can it ,I was brought up on lemon and honey drinks in the winter ,

• Posted

I never heard of it bit the hunny I get at the health food store it's raw unpasteurized about the same caust as regular hunny.  Not feeling well today.  If not hope you get better.😀

• Posted

P.s if. You add some whiskey to your warm lemon and honey drink you will have yourself a hot toddy that will fix what ever ails you.
  • Posted

What are you trying to accomplish or prevent with this?
    • Posted

Well i heard somewhere that the honey and lemon in warm water keeps your chest clear and helps prevents mucus build up just dont know if its true
    • Posted

On that basis I'd try it except that it's too hard on my teeth & blood sugar.

Around here they add apple cider vinegar and cayenne pepper to the lemon & honey to try and stop a cold ,,, plus of course the odd title of whiskey or brandy. Like you I've had many exacerbations since mid-summer. If the L & H helps let me know and I might try it.

• Posted

Hello Margaret26238,You are not being a bore.When I had my chesty cough an awful wheeze I used to drink lemon juice in water through out the day an it got rid of the wheeze at night.Also if you rub Vicks Vapour rub on the soles of your feet when you go to bed an put socks on you should find you don't cough.It does work as Ive done it everynight.I have had had warm lemon an honey for a tickly cough at bedtime.Good luck.

• Posted

It must be fate lemons were on sale this week 8 of them from Spain,  they are never on sale in 🇨🇦 So of course I had to have them, having lemon honey tea as I type this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.