length of time for abx treatment

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was put on dox 100mgs bid for a month and asked the doctor if I could double dose and stay on for 2 months, he agreed (my tick bite was probably almost 2 months before I realized the rash under my arm was bulls eye). its been 6 weeks and I have no symptoms but got a nasty rash on my hands from the sun thru my car window. I am thinking of stopping the abx, does this sound wise?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Complete the course you may have no symptoms yet but that doesn't mean the bacteria is not there. It will be worth it in the long run ask any Lyme patient! 2 more weeks could save you months/years of misery.

Doxycycline can cause sensitivity to sunlight use plenty of sun cream.

Fingers crossed you will be Lyme free at the end of it.

• Posted

Iagree with Jonanne absolutely.

Stick with the ABX and more if need be.

Yes  Joanne is right about the sun and using sun cream, Also drink plenty water with lemon juice.

Hope all goes well.

• Posted

Hi Ann,

I really interested in your progress - I am on week 3 or Dox 100mg after a rash being identified within a month of bite and was wondering what I should do when my 4 weeks are up.  I am also taking supplements to keep my immunity as healthy as possible.

I got burnt in the sun yesterday - I normally don't burn but put my usual protection on - but it did not protect me yesterday.  I will now pay more attention.

If anyone else has suggestions of what I should do at this stage that would be very helpful.

I have just mild symptons like very dry eyes when I wake up, tingly in arms and legs and foggy head.

Not wanting to hijack your thread Ann but you are the first person I have come across that is in the early stages.

Thanks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.