Lens Replacement

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi im having both lenses replaced next Friday

with multifocal lenses

Reading some of the posts on this forum as really helped

But one thing that has confused me is a telephone conversasion I had with the nurse She told me absolutely no lifting for six weeks 10lb max

My surgeon told me to take it easy for ten days and go back to work

While I wasnt thinking of going to the gym or anything like that

I have an holiday booked for three weeks after my op

and would imagine my case is at least double that

While she was telling me I had visions of my poor wife draging to cases through the airport

Any advise would be most appreciated

Kind regards  Gary

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I was told not drive for the next four days and to  bath not shower, no water allowed at all in the eye. But I can read, and  watch TV. Hope you find this helpful. 
  • Posted

Listen to your Dr. Just take it easy. I had lens replacement for both eyes. A couple months later had a detached retina in one eye. Something to be careful with and aware of the risk after cataract surgery. Had to have surgery for the detached retina which recovery was miserable. Had to be face down for the first week 45 minutes out of each hour 24 hours a day. Will be worth it to follow Dr orders and rest your body!
    • Posted

First of all Many thanks for the three  quik replys

I will let you know how I get on

Im looking forward to my op as I have quite bad astigmatism

which will hopefully be corrected at the same time

Gary

• Posted

I know how you feel I had a macular hole and cataract lens done together and I had to do the 45 mins out of every hour face down for a week, it's horrendous but worth it in the end. Hope everything's ok
  • Posted

Hi Gary

I had my left eye lens replaced on Friday and was told no lifting over 10 lbs for 3 weeks, but as I had a hysterectomy 3 months ago and was told no lifting more than 10 lbs ever, which means I can never pick my beautiful dog up!  It seems all surgeons have their own criteria for lifting! You could pre-book for one of the airport buggies to transport your cases I am not sure what the fee is, but it is one way round your lovely wife dragging all the baggage.  rolleyes

Let us know how your surgery goes and have a wonderful holiday.cool

Warmest Wishes

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Hi all

Ive just had my op Three hours ago

Ive both lenses replaced at the same time with trifocals

Which has corrected my estigmatism also

Although my pupuls are still dillated I can read my computor screen OK

Even though I have two perspex cups taped over my eys

The op lasted one hour and ten minutes mainly due to correcting the astigmatism No pain or dicumfort other than the brightness of the light shon into my eyes at the start of surgery Which eased after about five minutes

Regards  Gary

• Posted

Update Through risk of upsetting anyone I know good news doest make gooed reading But it is now 30 days since I had both lenses replaced on the same day With Symfony lenses

My eyes are now perfect Distance is excellent and I dont need reading glasses

Best decision ive ever made   Gary

• Posted

I had one eye replaced with symfony and first day was great but my reading isn't as good now ( days later).   Did you have this also?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.