levels

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all

very hard to make sense of the illness,last 2 venesections first didnt move at all,second one 2 weeks later went up by 174,this was put down to inflammation,,i still have the inflammation.

i had my latest venesection yesterday my level dropped by 219 the most its dropped since i started venesections,but also its the worse i have felt ,

i suppose we just plod on,

good luck to all enduring venesections and i hope no matter how bad you feel after it drops as much as mine did this week????if it dropped that much i would only need another 3 to get to a acceptable level.

not going to reliy on that happening

cheers philx

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Don't get disheartened.  I had some increases during my venesections.  Any decrease should be taken as a gift and don't get your expectations up too high in thinking you will always have a huge decrease.  I took a pill to relax me prior to my venesections (Atavan).  I would be wiped out after each blood draw and attributed to taking the pill.  Once when I felt terrible, it was determined that my blood count went a little low so I was a little anemic.  After skipping a couple weeks, I was back to normal.  Have you had your blood count checked?  Keep the process going and you will feel better soon.  All the best.

• Posted

Hi

Thanks for your reply, support is everything whilst going through

This,is it ativan you are taking??? I would urge you not to take this

For a long period, it is addictive I know this first hand I took this over

40 years ago for anxiety, worse thing I ever done I was walking around

Like a zombie, took me years to get off it..

Cheers philx

• Posted

Thanks for the tip on ativan --   I only take one low dose prior to a venesection.  The Dr. gave it to me to reduce anxiety for the blood draws since I'm such a baby.  They have always had a hard time finding my veins etc. so felt I needed something to reduce  the anxiety. Hope your numbers get down soon.

• Posted

Hi

Please try something different than ativan, try natural remedies??

Chamomile tea is very good, Bach's rescue remedy,relaxation tapes

Take an iPod with you to venesection and play it through the procedure

Good luck

Philx

• Posted

Hi Phil. That's the thing with inflammation, levels can shoot up, but once inflammation has gone or getting better, the levels shoot back to where they were. During treatment phase I was prescribed some awful arthritis medicine for my hand pains. It knocked out my immune system and I developed a sore throat from hell...agony...whole throat was inflamed. My level went from 496 to 750!! I immediately came off the meds. Two weeks later the level was 429! Inflammation really does throw the level haywire for a time.

Anyway, I'm keeping a close eye on your levels and look forward to you joining the maintenance gang very soon. Plod on Phil...you'll get there. Mike.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.